English as a leading language In Nizhny Novgorod

Hi There,

Anyone could advice if there is English as a leading language school ( high school for 8 year old child ) in Nizhny ? I am planning to move late this year and want to prepare the landing well.

Thanks for any information.

Bartek

Hi Bartek, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advice you.

Good luck.

Ok, let's see: We have this:
nn.ru/catalog/rub/category.php?Cat_Code=49
and that:
giport.ru/schools

And nothing about "english" there on a brief look (try to analyze these sites deeper). An as for Yekaterinburg - there are russian speaking schools oriented for studying english, but there aren't any english schools here as far as i know.

I think you should try to look for english confession or something in Nizhniy or just hire a qualified trainer for your child. And... Do you really want to "place" you guy/girl to russian classroom? Just as for me, it have a real necessity only in a case of long living/working period here.

Best regards !

Hi Remort

Many thanks for some useful hints, I am checking it up. About the placing kid in Russian school - honestly I do not know what to do - whether to stay by myself the period of expatriation or get there with family. I am stying any possibility to get to some conclusion and plan my D Day well in Russian land.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Regards:
Bartek

Hello Bartek,

Nizhny Novgorod is a very beautiful city and a great place to live however English is almost a non-existent language there as there are no native English speaking teachers there. I can speak and read Russian fairly well so I had no problems with basic communication. Don't be discouraged if you think someone is aggressive towards you, this is just how they appear sometimes but they are really lovely people and they love/welcome foreigners.

Regards
Nate

Hi,

here is the web site of an international three-language school in Nizhniy Novgorod. The languages are English, French and Russian. I will be sendinf my daugter there next year - they accept kids from 2 years old. Anyway, you can contact them directly to get all the info you need, I guess. Myself I have just arrived and I haven't been to school yet. But I am planning to as they have language courses for babies.

nn.ptitcref.com/en/contacts/

Best regards/ Pozdrawiam,

Aksana