Cost of Studying in Moscow and Petersburg

Please i urgently need information on the total cost of studying at the Master degree level in Moscow and  Petersburg. i got some information online but was told by a friend that the online information does not really reflect the situation on the ground and that there are HIDDEN costs that will only come up during the admission processing. will be grateful for information covering tuition fee, medical insurance and accommodation. please treat as urgent

good day. Could you please specify about what exact university you are talking about? and what city will be your final residence -Moscow or Saint-Petersburg ? As the costs of living are different in both cities.

niki2002 wrote:

good day. Could you please specify about what exact university you are talking about? and what city will be your final residence -Moscow or Saint-Petersburg ? As the costs of living are different in both cities.

I'd love Moscow but will be grateful for information about Saint-Petersburg as well as it will help me make informed decision regarding which of the two cities would be conducive as a choice.

Good day. The tuition fees range depending on the University itself and not on city. You need to address to the admission committee of the university that you selected and the fees amount given to you is actual and no hidden cost on it. it will not include medical insurance. Sometimes it includes visa processing fees, sometimes not, you need to get more exact information from university itself.

For medical insurance it will cost you apprx. 500 usd per year in both cities. For accommodation it depends on the location, the proximity to the downtown area and the state of the apartment. One room apartment in moscow per month may cost from 500usd till 1000 usd in average, in Saint-Petersburg it imight cost from 300usd till 700usd per month. In moscow the livings costs are higher than in Saint-Petersburg

while renting apartment be ready to pay agents commission which is charged for non-luxury property, usually it is 30-70% from the monthly rent amount, on one-time basis.

Hello, let's please keep responses on topic, the cost of studying.  For cost of living or other expenses, please use other topics or start a new thread.

@niki2002, please try to avoid multiple posts,  just post all your thoughts at once :)

Thanks
Expat.com Experts Team

In the Moscow, I would like to pursue my research work on the "Computer Science" in any reputed University or, if possible any Scientific Organization....could you please also help me with how may I find a Russian guide on doing a research paper under the domain of Computer Science and Application.

hilloldas1980 wrote:

In the Moscow, I would like to pursue my research work on the "Computer Science" in any reputed University or, if possible any Scientific Organization....could you please also help me with how may I find a Russian guide on doing a research paper under the domain of Computer Science and Application.

Your request is a bit confusing, and off-topic.  What do you mean by "a Russian guide on doing a research paper"?  You might want to start a new topic to discuss this ;)

Also, the domain of Computer Science is quite broad; it's not practical to do a research paper on the field as a whole, as it would be a either enormous or a very high level overview, which really wouldn't be a research paper.  You should try to focus on a specific field, aspect or problem within Computer Science, e.g AI, Software Development, Databases, Programming Languages etc...and discuss that.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team