Living in the Netherlands

You are living in the Netherlands, or you used to live in the Netherlands.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in the Netherlands?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in the Netherlands?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in the Netherlands?

Thanks in advance for your participation

The Netherlands are the most friendly country in the world.
The dutch are verry friendly and helpfull.
It is easy to settle in the country, it is clean and well organized, I think it's "Eldorado".

As has been described, the Netherlands is quite a well organised country. Generally good job opportunities, good public transport, healthcare, and so on. Some things, like having a car can be very pricy. People can be very friendly and helpful.

I would say that making friends isn't that hard per se, but making good friends can be a lot tougher. The dutch appear to have a big divide between acquaintances, friends, and good friends.

I've found living in the Netherlands to be a wonderful experience. The train system is efficient, the town centers are always bustling, and the people are eager to help if asked. The only thing I dislike is the weather (which can change on a dime), but other than that, I've found it very easy to adjust to.

Dutch people are communicative and friendly. At least this is what I realised there. Also, the transportation system works fine and the city is very clean.
Don't know many details about jobs there, though... some people say that it is a good place for work while others say the opposite.

netherlands is a great country to work.. good money and employment opportunities