Organized events in Budapest ?

Hi all!

I am 20 years old and have been in Budapest for a year or 2 now and always wondered if there were many English people living in Budapest and if there are any organized events or nights out etc

I like spending time with my Hungarian friends but its not the same as speaking real English to real English!

Let me know if you know of any English events going on or something. Dont hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

[b]EDIT 25 January 2011[/b]

Not many people replied to this message, so might have to call it off.  Boo! 

Planning on going to a meeting event tonight though.  All welcome:

http://www.internationalnetworking.co/6.html

Hey!

Just sent you an email about meeting up for drinks this Wednesday.  Anyone else who is reading this is also welcome to come!  Seems like there are heaps of new people in town at the moment. 

For anyone who didn't get the email and wants to pop by for a beer and to meet some new people - here are the details:

Wednesday night, the 26th of Jan at 7.30pm.

Most! Bar, which is at 1066 Budapest, Zichy Jenő utca 17.  If I knew how to attach a google map to this email, I would, sorry!  But you can read about the bar here:

http://www.pestiside.hu/20091123/most-a … bar-scene/

To make it super easy, I'll reserve a table under my name "Marion" so if you're not sure where you're going when you walk in, you can ask one of the bar staff.  It beats me having to wear a bright red hat or something so we can find each other.

Cheers,
M.

Hi William

Check out Baby Blue Banana on Facebook - they have lots of stuff going on - quizzes and such. The Fun Palace on the Korut near Margit Hid does, too. Smileys (FP's comedy basement) has just opened. Treehugger Dan's on Lazar Utca (behind the opera house) has some regular English-language stuff and The Guinness House on the corner of Pilvax utca and Varoshaz is a friendly spot. There's also [Moderated: Unable to verify website content - Link not working ] - they're a very social crowd with the added value of public speaking practice thrown in (if you're so inclined).

Cheers

Mary