Property prices in Kuwait

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Kuwait is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Kuwait?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla, Welcome ..
Well, Here are some useful information as an answers for your questions with extra advice, hopefully will helps.

First of all, according to the country law local real estate policies does not allow foreigners to own residential property in general, and there are only a few exceptions which are rare to happens.

And of course there are many alternative solutions available (hotels, rent, sharing and more), it might be a long post if I tried to put all the answers here! feel free to message me for more details.

Have a good day
Mitch.

You don't need to worry about receiving a reply from Priscilla, Mitch.

It's a "seeded thread" to drive forum traffic.

Wow! Thanks for informing me.. actually just wanted to offer helping hand :)
Thanks
have a great day
Mitch.

HI there Priscilla ,

You can find accommodations in Kuwait there  are many places in Kuwait, that is Kuwait city, Salmiya, Rumaithiya, Salwa, Abbasiya. If you are coming in from outside of Kuwait  you can search for sites room for rent in Kuwait and If you have a good deal make your booking and tell the tenants of the house you are coming to Kuwait and you can dash your things in. I have done this for someone and he booked with me so right now I have a sharing mate.

It really depends on where you wish to live.  Fahaheel has reasonably inexpensive flats for rent.  The area is nice, easy walking distance to the Sultan Center for groceries, some nice places to eat, and the ocean is an easy walk as well.  I lived in Sheikha Towers ... nice so long as you got one of the recently renovated flats. Salmiya, and Al-Jabriya are more expensive and I really didn't find any advantage to living there.  I lived in Twin Towers in Salmiya and it was nice and convenient, but not much different (save for the rent price being higher) than Fahaheel.

Need help with a room share (not partition) in kuwait. I'd like a safe (can be high end) apartment or villa in Farwa, Salmiya or Salwa. Any leads please? Please message me directly. Thank you.

Hi

Prices are not that much high.  Its depends upon members.

Single or family ? single can share with any single or family. while this you can save cost.

Here its  one room, two room and three room flats are there.

Best living place is Salmiya, Mangalf. Mahboula  Hawally, Fintas, Jahra  and reggae.

I am living in Jahra  northern part of country.
xxx

Thanks and regards

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello, as JFSUSA descriped above about the areas also be noted that.
Price for flats 1room +1living room , small kitchen will be at 200kd. Could be less by 20 kd in the inexpensive areas.
That's the cheapest u may find by my little experience.
Bigger will be not less than 275.
What about the prices in between ?!! The small flats getting higher by law every 5 years until it reach 250 or so.