Are you happy in Argentina?

Hello everyone!

According to the 2016 UN World Happiness Survey, Denmark, Switzerland and Iceland are the happiest countries on earth.

How about you? Are you happy in Argentina? Do you feel happier today in your host country than before in your home country? What has contributed to the change?

In your opinion, are locals in Argentina happy? How can you tell?

Please share your experience!

Well, I have to say that no, I am not particularly happy in Argentina.   Things have gone downhill considerably since I came here almost 9 years ago.   And no, I don't think the locals are happy.  It seems next to impossible to meet or get to really know people.  The whole interaction with friends is for family only.  I have lived in the same place for 8 years and the only one of the neighbours even seems to know that we live here.  We do chat once in while, but every Sunday, without fail the family comes for the weekly asado.  Not once, ever, have we so much as been invited to have a glass of wine, even though every single one of the family know who we are.  They have no problem coming over to borrow sugar or what ever.  I really think people here don't know what friends are.

I have not had this kind of experience in Argentina. I do not live there full time but have spent considerable time there, mostly in Bs. As.. I think I will be happy in Argentina. But maybe I am overlooking the obvious just because I was to leave the U.S. so badly.

YES ! Except when the subway is out of order! :)

No,due to this terrible inflation,and I'm gonna leave.p

Not at all. I have been here for almost a year now. And being a black woman in a 99% white dominated society is quite a challenge. I made a few contacts initially when I had just landed here, but as time went by, it proved to be quite difficult to maintain contact due to various excuses and as such, my overall experience has been less than satisfactory.

I plan on relocating soon and looking forward to the next stage of my life