Recommendations of honest realtor that speciliaze in small condos

I'm not new to Expat.com, but new to the Mexico portion of the website. I'm interested in finding out some information on Tulum.

Can someone provide an overview of what's going on regarding property & property purchases there? Is it as good as you read that there is an International Airport being constructed, and new arterial routes into the town as well?

Some realtors are claiming that values have been going up 3-400% over the 5 years or so, is that true?

Myself and a couple of friends are considering a property purchase. Does anyone know of someone that speaks "English" at the Scotiabank in Tulum, or a branch that I could call that can speak English?

Can someone recommend an "HONEST" realtor that specializes in small condos?

That's all for now,

Regards,

Tappers

Not sure about banking personnel, but I have been to Tullum many times before, and let me assure you that it is not a problem finding English speaking people there. It is a100% touristic area. That said it also means that the property cannot be bought conventionally. Yes it will be owned by you with legal papers and all. But it will be a type of renewable in trust ownership. Sorry I cannot remember the exact legal name of this set up. That said the papers or deed in trust are for 99 or 50 years, it is transferable you can bequeath it sell it or whatever a normal deeded property would allow you to do.
Now for real estates brokers, well I have a very low opinion of them. They are all the same all over the world. Either in Canada or the U.S. they only have their own interests in mind. Most of them will lie to get their commission. Just like used car salesmen, lawyers and politicians.
You get my drift.
Good luck to you.

LOL, thanks for your response.

Regards.

Hi! My husband and I are new to expat.com and are also looking for same info. So if I get anything info I would be happy to share with you. I'm still learning this website from a broken IPhone that does its own thing LOL!
My husband has a card I have yet to unpack/find from Cancun a realtor card from a friend I was going to ask if they handle Tulum or have a referral. As soon as I find it if you are interested I would be happy to share. Now I haven't used them personally but if we do I plan to check them out 1st just Incase. I've had Realtor referrals in US that were not a good fit.
Thanks TTFN!

If you're still looking for a good and honest realtor, I can recommend Cinthia Hernández. She speaks both Spanish and English and is very responsive. She helped our family (myself and two sisters) purchase our retirement condos . 

I can also recommend a good attorney who can help you navigate the Trust (Fideicomiso) arrangements and who will definitely work for your best interest.

Let me know and I can provide their contact information.

Enjoy the adventure!

Likewise here, just like Travelbugz, I can recommend a trustworthy realtor, Eva,  that I have used to find property in PDC.  She is Mexican but she speaks very good english, very professional,  and a very, very patient person especially if you are a serious potential buyer.   She's not desperate for a sale and she tries to understand your needs and wants.  Easy to get in touch through WhatsApp which is a very popular way of communicating with and getting to know one another, at least in PDC. 

Eva works under Century21 in PDC but she's got access to real estate properties across the Riviera Maya including Tulum.   

Before I found Eva, I was using a realtor/expat from the UK,   What a nightmare that turned out.  She's desperate to sell and when the deal fell through because we changed our mind on the property for a valid reason, she flipped instead of helping us look for other options!  What a piece of work.

I cannot be of help concerning an english-speaking employee at a Scotiabank branch in Tulum or elsewhere.   

When searching for property in Tulum, Point2 Homes, is a good website to start.  Gather a few candidates through that website and schedule a trip to Tulum to look at them with your realtor.  You can also look at Century21's Tulum Office website for condo listings.

If you want to get my realtor's contact info, please feel free to contact me through Private Messaging (PM) through this forum.