Long term rental in San Miguel de Allende

Looking to rent a furnished house in San Miguel de Allende for a minimum of a year. At least a 2/2 w/ outdoor terrace. Moving to SMA late fall 2019/early 2020.

Hi Bereid,

Here are some tips for Long-term rentals in SMA.

1. Get a vacation rental for 4-6 weeks before committing to a long-term contract.
2. While in the vacation rental - 

Visit different colonias/ neighborhoods
Meet local expats - preferably bilingual/ bicultural professionals.
Find out about the pros & cons of the neighborhoods
Identify what things are important to you ( security, distance to Centro, noise, etc )
Find agents that rent in pesos - they do exist.
Learn about how rental contracts work - Mexican law is unique.

Interested in more tips, feel free to PM me.

Melanie
Bilingual health insurance advisor

Hi Melanie and thank you for your reply.

We are here in SMA right now doing just what you recommended and will return for a petsit in September, staying in the neighborhood of San Rafael. (We are currently in Guadalupe.)

We will be driving down with our 50lb dog and realize this will limit our choices somewhat but I think we have identified the colonies we are most interested in living.

I see you are in insurance so, with your permission, we will contact you for further assistance when the time comes.

Thanks again,

Barbara

Hi Barbara,
I saw your conversation with Melanie and wanted to ask a couple questions if you don't mind.
We have similar situation, a dog and 2 cats that we would bring for short term winter rental in SMA so need a fenced yard. Wondering, is there a neighborhood or real estate agent you can refer me to? We are willing to pay more and don't need to be near Centro. Thanks much!
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,
This is the realtor I have been in contact with recently:

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : please exchange these details in private

Thank you so much Barbara!

Hi Bereid 710 and/or Barbara and/or whoever else could help us- could you please also send the rental realtor's information to us -- since they won't let us do it on the website, here's our email address:  ***.  Similar situation as one of the other people:  we have  pets.  The house we're renting took us and all the pets, but it's short term and in the center of Colonia San Antonio and last week's celebrations were a touch hard on the nerves.  We don't have a yard, either, and walking the two old dogs 3x/day sometimes gets difficult.  We would really appreciate any leads to local real estate agents = "peso" agents, not "dollar" agents.  Living on the outskirts of town would suit us just fine.  Thank you.  Marty and Steve

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum please, thank you

Marty and Steve. I read and re read your comment and can't help but ask the question if the “two old dogs” are the canines, or you ?  Jajaja.

Kind of "catty" of you to ask, no?