Romanians in Abu Dhabi

Hello!
My husband and I recently moved to Abu Dhabi.
In the last 4 months we have't met romanian people and I was wondering if there are romanian members on this forum.
Is there a romanian community in Abu Dhabi?
If someone could give me more information i would most appreciate.
Thank you.

Stefania

Hello stef_puiut, Welcome to Expat.com

Have you tried Romanian expatriates in Abu Dhabi network page? May be it can help meanwhile.

Regards :)

Yes, thank you.
I have looked through the site after posting the message.

I know a romanian couple here in uae...

Ce Faci Stefania,
Welcome to UAE. You can count me half romanian as im married to a romanian girl, living in Dubai. I hope you will find soon enough romanians settle in Abu Dhabi. you can also visit Transilvania Restuarant and Cafe in Abu Dhabi...
multsmuc,
Sheraz

Hii im half romanian looking 2 know new romanian people in uae

My facebook
[email protected]

Hi,Stefania,
Are many Romanians here but don't count on the community,most of them are here on them own.If u wanna talk,just let  me know.Pa

Nice to see there's actually a Romanian community in Abu Dhabi, however small it might be ;)

Cheers,
TwiX

Yah,but still feel lonely,isn't it?I do most of the times!

Hehe,Right! Guess Romanians are not as united as other expat communities are like Scotish or British : )

They are not at all and this make me sad.But we have to face it!Nice to see another compatriot here.

Yeah, me too. Hopefully we'll see more Romanians around here ;)

Cheers!
TwiX

Saru' mana, eu am un contract cu ADCO, de fapt am trecut de interviu si astept viza. Ma intereseaza si pe mine cam cum e viata pe-acolo, eu nu prea o sa stau in UAE, o sa lucrez 36/24 dar m-ar interesa sa-mi aduc familia in vizita...
O zi buna

Salut Liviu,

I think we can only speak in English on this forum.
Anyhow, Emirates is a great place for holidays. I recommend bringing your family here in October when the temperature cools down. If you have kids, they'll love Waterworld, Wild Wadi, Ferrari World and many others. While for your wife i bet she'll enjoy the shopping malls here. None of my friends/family who have been here for holiday have left dissapointed ;)

Cheers,
TwiX!

Hi liviu_neagoe,

Can please you post in English on the Anglophone forum, so that members can read.

Thank you,

David.

hello hello Stefania and welcome in AD and hi Soledad, are you in AD already?
Girls, we must meet for a coffee as soon as possible :) Stefania, I am romanian too. We are not to many here but still we handle :)!
I hope that you will love the city, little difficult it will be with people but you will get used :) Have a nice time and take care!

Hello,my dear,I am in AD since 18 June,I will leave on 14 August so we shell meet,I will call u once I will be in the city,alone.Kisses

Hello Cklaudia,

How are u?
I will join Etihad in April this year.
Can u please tell what are u doing there in Abu Dhabi?

Thank u:x

Hello ....Raluca, congratulations! I left AD in December, my job it was in sales! wish you a nice period and... have fun!

Da, sunt si romani...si in Abu Dhabi sunt destui. Doar ca e mai greu sa pastrezi o legatura stransa cu acestia. In fine, bine ati venit in Abu Dhabi, sper sa va placa !

Hi NatalieOno - will try to keep it in English so as everyone can understand on the Anglophone Forum please :)

welcome to Abudhabi,

Buna. Numele meu e Madalina si intentionez sa ma mut in Abu Dhabi pe o perioada nedeterminata.Iau in calcul posibilitatea de a vizita si de a ma intoarce in Romania sau de a ramane acolo daca imi gasesc un job. Ce parere ai si cam care ar fi posibilitatile sa imi gasesc ceva? Mi-ar placea sa ascult niste sfaturi de la cineva care locuieste acolo. Thanks :* :)

Madac wrote:

Buna. Numele meu e Madalina si intentionez sa ma mut in Abu Dhabi pe o perioada nedeterminata.Iau in calcul posibilitatea de a vizita si de a ma intoarce in Romania sau de a ramane acolo daca imi gasesc un job. Ce parere ai si cam care ar fi posibilitatile sa imi gasesc ceva? Mi-ar placea sa ascult niste sfaturi de la cineva care locuieste acolo. Thanks :* :)

Please post in ENGLISH. Thank you.

Hi.Sorry :D I'd like to come and visit Abu Dhabi or maybe to stay there for a period if i find a job.I'm curious about the posibilities to find a job in Abu Dhabi in PR(events,hostess,etc) and how the life it's there,the rents.etc. Thanks

Hi Madalina !

I am writing you this post in English because this are the requirements of the site.
I am Natalie and I am living in Abu Dhabi for 3 years.
Depends on your career goals and depends on what is your monthly average salary which you set up as a target.
I mean, if you are looking to come here and became rich, it's quite impossible. And I am saying this because I know our country's population view over the Emirates....everybody back home thinks that here is the paradise on the Earth.
Unfortunately this is a fake theory, you coming here, you work and the money its enough for your daily routine and expenses. Maybe from time to time you'll get the chance to send back home couple of hundreds euros ( 200-300) which for Romania its nothing nowadays.
The majority of Romanians and other expats are working in retail (mall) this is how I started as well, I came here through a recruitment agency and after I changed my job and this thing happened because my sister and my brother in law had some business over here and I got the chance to be introduced to another company. But I had many problems in the beginning with my first company, I even opened a case for them in the court and with hard fights and many complains filled by me to the judgment I won.
The average monthly salary 800-1000 Euro. The life became very expensive over here and the opportunities are not like before at all. This is because the work market went down after other nationalities came and broke the market by accepting lower salaries than our expectations from the employers.
Anyhow, I am gonna tell you now also the good things about working in UAE : you are going to have a secure job, a least for 2 years ( this is the minimum contract you can sign with them ), you are being sure about your monthly income and things are just going to settle down for you with this way.
But always keep in your mind, that the rent its quite expensive, you will be finding yourself forced to live with other ppl in a house which is under our life level from Romania.
Your chances to be promoted at your work place are very weak, the promotion can happen after years of experience ( all the employers here are looking for UAE experience ).
There are many things to tell you about this country but this things you would understand it only after a while living here.     
So my advice is : if you really have to leave Romania because of personal or financial problems there, this is a safe place to live.  But if you are looking to build yourself a future, this is not the chance your are looking for because you will find yourself after few years here that you are at the same level like when you came. It's hard to grow here ( especially as a woman ).

So, good luck !! :*

My advice for all of you : Go and live in Australia...this country is not for Europeans at all...this is not the life which we are used to  !!!!

Thanks for advices Natalia. I 'll consider it and decide. Anyway if i'll arrive In Abu Dhabi maybe we meet and have a coffe together. Hugs  :cheers:

Sure Mada, anytime !
Just let me know when you're here !

Kisses :*