Looking for friends in Abu Dhabi

Hello! IŽm a spanish woman and, the next month, IŽm moving to Abu Dhabi. My husband is already there. HeŽs an architect and weŽll spend much time in United Arab Emirates. IŽd like to meet people from different countries to spend a pleasant stay...

Regards!!!

heyyyyy
im in qatar
i cant help u
but if u come to qatar
i will be ur friend
hehehehehehe:)
tc

Welcome on Expat-blog Jasun37! :) I have moved the thread on the Abu Dhabi forum. I hope you will have lots of contacts here.

All the best,
Christine

Hello Cristine!

IŽd like to know what things I can do in Abu Dhabi...IŽm teacher and, first, IŽve to do the exam of IELTS to find work in a school. IŽd be very grateful if you could tell me about the lives of foreign women in Abu Dhabi.

What is there to do there? Do you organize meetings to talk? Do you courses, such as: English, painting, cooking,...?

If you have time, tell me anything interesting, please!!! IŽd like to enjoy my time in UAE!!!!

Thanks!!!

hmm jaun let me tell u something
all u can do here in this boring city call abu dhbai

go to the beach 
go mulls and it is just few mulls over here
if u like jogging u can do it in kornech street
or stay home better cause after fre weeks u will find the best thing to do just sit watching tv in your home with u lovley friend (air condition )

cheers :$

Any luck so far?

Hi Jasun,

!Bienvenidos a Abu Dhabi! There are actually LOTS Of things to do in Abu Dhabi. It all depends on your interests. People who enjoy the outdoors will enjoy camping in the desert. If you're feeling adventuresome, then many of us take our 4x4s out into the desert for driving(year round). We've just had the WOMAD festival here this past weekend-wonderful FREE live music from all over the globe. The Cultural Foundation brings in free performances most Thursdays. Life does not have to be all shopping malls and beach days. :) Why don't you PM me once you've arrived. Perhaps we can meet for a coffee.

Susan

hola?como estas?: )

... just to let you know, I moderated several off topic messages on this thread ...

heya iam intersted to make friends ONLY FEMALE

hi
welcome to join our group named ladies' day ladies night in facebook,
we feel boring most of weekend here,especial alone,
we are try to find some fun in abu dhabi such as:
walking around in few malls, nice shops,book store,find out few nice restaurant around,try different taste,walking on the beach,communication with different nationality,culture,history,
exchange cooking,go to clean,nice,quite,nature place,some girls like day,some like night time...
welcome to be friends soon: )

Hi Jasun,
Miss Holland here, I will be moving to Abu Dhabi next month after 3 years Dubai. I'm getting a bit nervous here as so many people warn me that it is sooo different. I would like to meet up and/or meet other female friends. I work fulltime and my boyfriend works offshore for one of the oil companies. Good luck with the move.

Hi Ms Holland
I 'd love to have easy going & lovely  female friends too : )
I don't think u need worry too much about abu dhabi, i was in dubai before, now is here, i prefer & love here, only small problem is only few malls & shops around the place where we are living,but peaceful and quite,people are nice as well(not all but at least most of them)
I am sure u will love here & have fun as well

Feel free to get in touch if you want to hangout in Abu Dhabi ...

Hi everybody,

I arrived 3 weeks ago in Abu Dhabi and will be based here for two years. I would love to meet new people, have drinks, do sports, etc...

What do you think about meeting for a drink next week and maybe organize one day out of Abu Dhabi during the week-end like in the desert or mountains or any other nice place to discover?

Looking forward to meeting you and sharing a drink...

Elodie

Jasun37 wrote:

Hello! IŽm a spanish woman and, the next month, IŽm moving to Abu Dhabi. My husband is already there. HeŽs an architect and weŽll spend much time in United Arab Emirates. IŽd like to meet people from different countries to spend a pleasant stay...

Regards!!!

hello Jasun
I am living in ALAIN ALSO NEED TO MEET PEOPLE SO WE CAN CONTACT EACH OTHER

All the Ladies in the House, We should all meet up for coffee somewhere....Kiwi girl here, been in Abu Dhabi for nearly two years ,I've already made lots of friends and its always nice to make some more.
Let me know if your interested :)

silver fern wrote:

All the Ladies in the House, We should all meet up for coffee somewhere....Kiwi girl here, been in Abu Dhabi for nearly two years ,I've already made lots of friends and its always nice to make some more.
Let me know if your interested :)

Hi, i'm in, just let me know of ur plan

Hola Jasun,

Comastias ?

This is Surfer, well we can be good friends buzz me to meet. :)

helo jasun..

there is lot things in abudhabi..i invite u to dates festival in abudhabi..if u interested tell me...

I m here in abu dhabi and looking girl-aunty for friendshp or relastionshp if any one interested so plz reply me
thanks

Hi,everyone i am originally from China but moved from USA.NYC.my husband is working in Abu Dhabi and we probably will be here at least 4 years.Right now i don't work so have plenty of time hope to make some friends here, female only.

Hello MM325, welcome to Expat.com and in Abu Dhabi! :)
I'm in Ras al Khaimah where I also followed my husband :), a bit far away from A.D. but never knows if you guys do on tourism in UAE and come along here don't hesitate : we can meet.

Good afternoon Moderator
It's nice to hear from you and yes we are interested to see around in AD.If you guys visite AD.let me know would be nice to do something together,keep in touch.:P
MM

Hi there

It will be nice to meet up with 'only females'. I‘d be glad to meet and share things with ladies.  I know it sounds rude when I say only ‘Female' but I guess this is safer and much comfortable to meet same gender people while we are in a foreign county and when we abandoned friends and family at back home. I miss my female friends so bad sometimes and it's very hard to find a trustworthy people to think them they are your friends- especially here! We can have just ‘friend' but to have a ‘good friend' it takes years…

So ‘fellow males here' shouldn't feel bad- Nothing partial here. Hopefully we meet up in some organized social gathering (by any expat-) if it happens in the near future. 

~m

Hello Ladies, Well with Ramadan upon us ,Its a pretty tricky time to go and meet for coffee :par:. So I was thinking maybe when Ramadans over , I'll put up a post to "all ladies" to meet for coffee and if your available, then come along, For safety reasons though we will meet at a well known Cafe and that's easily accessible. That way once we get to know each other a bit more then we can exchange personal details.

Ramadan Kareem everyone!!;)

i think a perfect get-to-gether after ramadan in a cool pub or club will b kinda perfect ice-breaker:)

cutejoe wrote:

i think a perfect get-to-gether after ramadan in a cool pub or club will b kinda perfect ice-breaker:)

Ally Pally, Blitz or 49ers? ;)

Ally Pally, Blitz or 49ers'

Never been to any of these pubs only seen from outside. How is it go there? comfortable!

marufa wrote:

Ally Pally, Blitz or 49ers'

Never been to any of these pubs only seen from outside. How is it go there? comfortable!

To quote the Stranglers: "Nice and Sleazy Does It" ;)

i got your msg today, thanks for reply... plz give me your email id and show me your picture and tell me where you liv in abu dhabi... or inform me are you free after 9:00pm so we can meet easily any place which is suitable for both of us..

khan0007 wrote:

i got your msg today, thanks for reply... plz give me your email id and show me your picture and tell me where you liv in abu dhabi... or inform me are you free after 9:00pm so we can meet easily any place which is suitable for both of us..

Get a life Khan007....I'm a guy :lol:;)

And I never sent you any message

http://geekofalltrades.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/fag.jpg

khan0007 > Expat.com is not a dating website !

sandman > dammit I didn't laugh this much for a while mate :D

Hi,Marufa
I got your message and thank you.
Nice to know that you have been in China 3 times and like China,i miss china...me and my husband went to Dubai 3 days ago and we really like there more than here in Abu Dhabi,life is more interesting in Dubai. I hope we can spend our half time in Dubai for visiting later(if possible....)
So how long have you been here?
MM

marufa wrote:

Hi there

It will be nice to meet up with 'only females'. I‘d be glad to meet and share things with ladies.  I know it sounds rude when I say only ‘Female' but I guess this is safer and much comfortable to meet same gender people while we are in a foreign county and when we abandoned friends and family at back home. I miss my female friends so bad sometimes and it's very hard to find a trustworthy people to think them they are your friends- especially here! We can have just ‘friend' but to have a ‘good friend' it takes years…

So ‘fellow males here' shouldn't feel bad- Nothing partial here. Hopefully we meet up in some organized social gathering (by any expat-) if it happens in the near future. 

~m

Hi,adgirl
I saw you replied one message to me but can not find here anymore,i am not familiar on this blog yet,but really nice to hear from you.

Ijust new relocated here and would like to make new friends with any nice lady around and love to discover this nice city.

Perhaps will learn something from you? smile...

MM

adgirl wrote:

heya iam intersted to make friends ONLY FEMALE

Hi there, i am a german woman around 40 and living in Abu Dhabi since 2 years. I would like to meet other ladies as well.
To go for a drink or to the cinema, having fun.
But men safe your breath i will not go for an evening or whatever with you ;-)

lovely Abu Dhabi wrote:

But men safe your breath i will not go for an evening or whatever with you ;-)

They're a bit queer around here, I get loads of guys chasing my oyibo nyash :lol:

Haha Sandman6 you crack me up :lol:
You know its hard for men to resist your charming nature;)

Hi MM325, Thanks for ur message sweetie.:) Sorry I didnt check the thread for sometimes. Hey I am in Abu Dhabi and its been 2 years now. First few months in Abu Dhabi was not easy for me- i had problem adjusting because of many reasons. It takes sometimes for us to cope up with any kind of' Change', at work or in personal life. I live 25km outside the city in al Ain Road(but within Abu Dhabi/Khalifa City ). First few months i didn't like it here at all, I was so bored at home. I was looking for a good job and taking driving lessons. now my life is better than before here.. Honestly but I need to make some female friends, so we can share our life outside the work & home! hahah u know what I mean girls..:rolleyes:

Me and my husband both have a great fascination for China. Especially my husband he loved china than any of the countries he visited, we watch Chinese movies very often, eat Chinese food,  heheh…he speaks Chinese but no me! I love duck soup! I wish I could get it here in Abu Dhabi! There is only one authentic Chinese restaurant in the city, do u know? named ‘Beijing' in Madinat Zayed (next to Shoe mart), we have there many times… 

Sandman- if you are a guy- why don't u put a common picture that says you're not a woman! ;) like this guy, I was not sure! I liked you joke though:D

hi marufa, i guess i know the restaurant is it over two flores?
It is close to the shoemart but in that area are more chinese restaurants and some of them i don't like at all.
If we talk about the same restaurant than the food is great :-)