Lost in Francelation

Hi to all

My name is Riaan, I am a South African married to a French woman, and have recently taken the big step of moving to France.
We also lived in London for nearly 5years before deciding to try France.

We have been here for nearly 5 months now, and as my wife is French, she easily found a job and settled in to Parisian life.
Me on the other hand is a different story all together.
The language at this stage is my biggest problem.
Even though I have been attending French language classes at the Alliance Francaise for nearly 3 months, I can only do the basic things like buy bread, sigarettes etc. in French!
Just kidding, it is not that bad.

I was hoping that there might be somebody out there who could give me some advise on how to find a job with limited French.
Even though we can survive on my wife`'s income, I m frustrated, bored and desperately need to find a job in order to retain my sanity!

Anybody who can give me any advise, or just want to share their experiences of French life, pls do not hesistate to get in touch.

Welcome to the forum Ryanski :)

I sincerely hope that some members will advise you accordingly and give you some suitable recommendations and tips.

Wish you success for the future :)

Regards ;)

hi ryanski welcome in paris!

well what kind of job you're looking for?
because i know lot of people not envent knowing a single word in french and living there. it depends on the job you want

maybe you can subscribe in an interim, to start in the kind of job you want

well any question?