New in Cairo

I am new in Cairo. Please tell me more things about cairo. Seconly I really want to meet new friends in Cairo.
Thanks.

Welcome to Expat-blog, Uzo

Your post has been introduced in a new discussion thread in the Cairo forum, for effective networking.

You can also try the Cairo Network page for friendship and networking. I wish you all the best, and hope you will make lot contacts via this site.

Best Regards

Welcome To Cairo

welcome to Cairo ...

My name is Marianna & i'm Egyptian who has been always on the run :D i travel alot and been an expat myself in many other countries but here i am back to Cairo again ..

From my point of view as an Egyptian, Cairo is nice place to live in as long as you have enough money :D you will struggle for sure in traffic & government offices :D but if you can find someone who do all these jobs for you, like your company, you'll be more relxed.

People of Egypt are friendly but might be deceitful if they felt you're new & don't know anything bout here. You need to be careful about anything related to money .. like taxi charge, tips ..etc. ask someone local or an old expat before you get involve in such stuff. and by the way, normal ppl from the street won't speak English, so u need to learn some basic arabic words.

I don't know where do you stay, but there's loads of places where you can go for shopping, dinner, night life, tour ..etc.
this is a good site where you can find places, events to attend in Cairo: cairo360.com/

About weather .. as you can see, we don't have much winter here .. our weather is fine in Oct. till Feb and then starts to get hotter from Mar. to Spt.

what else you need to know???

Best of luck dear ..
Marianna

Crash Boom Bang wrote:

welcome to Cairo ...

My name is Marianna & i'm Egyptian who has been always on the run :D i travel alot and been an expat myself in many other countries but here i am back to Cairo again ..

From my point of view as an Egyptian, Cairo is nice place to live in as long as you have enough money :D you will struggle for sure in traffic & government offices :D but if you can find someone who do all these jobs for you, like your company, you'll be more relxed.

People of Egypt are friendly but might be deceitful if they felt you're new & don't know anything bout here. You need to be careful about anything related to money .. like taxi charge, tips ..etc. ask someone local or an old expat before you get involve in such stuff. and by the way, normal ppl from the street won't speak English, so u need to learn some basic arabic words.

I don't know where do you stay, but there's loads of places where you can go for shopping, dinner, night life, tour ..etc.
this is a good site where you can find places, events to attend in Cairo: cairo360.com/

About weather .. as you can see, we don't have much winter here .. our weather is fine in Oct. till Feb and then starts to get hotter from Mar. to Spt.

what else you need to know???

Best of luck dear ..
Marianna

will Marianna i'm Egyptian originally form Zagazig lived for 5 years in Shorouk City now i'm in Nasr City
but thank you for this post :D