Teaching English jobs

Hi, I am going to take the TEFL course to teach English I would be looking for an English teaching job in Egypt. I was just wondering if it would be easy as I wouldn't have any experience just my new qualification from TEFL. Also what is the salary? Thank you for taking the time to read this and for any help  :)

Without intending be be nasty, more a blunt Yorkshireman, your English is a bit too crap to even consider teaching our post Norman tongue to anyone above grade one.

Fred, that's nasty but true!

Haha think your funny with your comment in my opinion you need to grow up. There is nothing wrong my English!! I didn't ask for anyone to comment on my post with nasty remarks or negative comments. If you haven't got anything positive to say don't comment on people's posts.

Hello

A friend of mine who is an Engineer is currently teaching English , and he got no prior Experience in teaching nor any certificates , Just an ielts score above 7.5

so if you are a native English speaker i think you can find a lot of chances here , i don't know if its against Forum rules to post language center names here .

i will just send it in pm

Best of luck .

God knows my intention was to delete that, but I fell asleep in the process! Your so right because to add to that comment was a insult to my character as well. May you continue to bring diplomacy as a means of self actualization. Take care and hope the best for us all! Salam.

If you haven't got anything positive to say don't comment on people's posts.

It is positive, but in a negative way.
Your grammar is worse than mine, but I'm not trying to become an English teacher.
To teach, you must first be able to do, and you can't.
The fact you're unable to see the terrible state of your English is enough to know you require a lot more than a TEFL certificate to be any good at teaching.

I fully realize you will dislike my post and you'll probably react badly to it, but that doesn't make it any less accurate.

I tried to find a job teaching English but the pay was only 20 EGP an hour so I teach at home or in people's homes and get 50 EGP an hour plus transportation so it is much better  I make a good living

Is English your first language? Where in Egypt are you?

Yes English is my first language       I learned in England I live in Hadayek Helwan.  I am a doctor but not in Egypt so I teach English.     But have students in Maadi and Helwan     Even in Luxor some times.

You have to start learning English before teaching English.

I have been teaching English since 2007 in Egypt with no complaints plus I teach English to Spanish speaking people when in Florida and no complaints  I am a very good pediatrician also with no complaints here or there   So what do you do that you question my English???!

Actually I wasn't pointing at you laady24. I was talking to Sulo1979. But trust me laady24 your English is terrible. I can see 5 mistakes in just two sentences.

Sulo1974 she can't even write one correct sentence and wants to teach English? - how funny is that.

I know I am on my mobile and never use punctuation marks bad I know but who cares

laady24 wrote:

I know I am on my mobile and never use punctuation marks bad I know but who cares

Normally, no one.
Lousy grammar and no punctuation when advertising as an English teacher gives a very poor impression.

It isn't really a grammar police thing, more a really crappy advert police thing.

You are mistaken I was not advertising for any thing.   I was answering a post that was all sorry.    You must be very unhappy to be so down on some one you do not even know.  Enjoy

I am in Egypt and very happy

laady24 wrote:

You are mistaken I was not advertising for any thing

You're taking the wrong meaning of advertising,
It also means to draw attention to a fact, something you're doing when you mention you're an English teacher, hence the mentions of your poor English.

Many members here aren't native speakers or simply realise grammar is less important on a forum, but English teachers (Of whatever type) tend to get pulled up when they display atrocious language skills.

Wow I wasn't applying for a job! I was simply asking a question, didn't ask for my post to turn into a debate about people's grammar.  A lot of people use their mobile these days and people don't really care what their grammar is like in sites like this!

do not worry about teaching English here in Egypt.............. my sister in law teaches English and her English is awful and she can barely write it...and she has been teaching English for years and hates it.....
the professor a the University teaches English and hurts my ears....he says clotheses and testess and and groupeses and many others very bad words and has been teaching Englishes for years and if you try to correct him he goes crazy so ......you will be fine...... I am sure you will be better than he is........and do not worry about any one making fun of you just do your best.....have a great time

laady24 wrote:

...he says clotheses and testess and and groupeses and many others very bad words and has been teaching Englishes for years

I'm so happy I wasn't drinking when I read this as my water would have ended up all over my laptop.
My underwear wasn't quite so lucky. :D

Well he does and he teaches English at the university go and you will not be able to stop laughing