Looking for South Africans in Romania

Hey guys, as a South African I'm keen on networking with fellow South Africans who've managed to pull off an emigration to Romania.

If you're one or know somebody you can put me in contact with, please drop me a message! Thanks :)

Reillusioned wrote:

Hey guys, as a South African I'm keen on networking with fellow South Africans who've managed to pull off an emigration to Romania.

If you're one or know somebody you can put me in contact with, please drop me a message! Thanks :)

You can find South African citizens living in Romania in the Member directory.   I've assisted several S.Africans coming here, so you should hopefully get some responses.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Im from Zambia.married here

Hi
I am a South African that has moved to Brasov for a period of 3 years. Arrived in January, and busy with each stage of the paperwork and visa application. Not sure if I can help, but will offer experiences. Regards

flowers123 wrote:

Hi
I am a South African that has moved to Brasov for a period of 3 years. Arrived in January, and busy with each stage of the paperwork and visa application. Not sure if I can help, but will offer experiences. Regards

Hi, have you came to Romania as a spouse, or have you taken a job with a company in Romania?  This little bit of background about yourself might be useful to know :)  And how has your experience been in the 3 months you've been here?

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hey, thanks for the replies :)

Flowers123, do you think your experience going through all the paperwork in Brasov will be the same as it might be in Bucharest?

Although the legislation and national coordination centres would still be the same, I wonder to what extent the different scales of the operation and local personalities might influence service delivery.

One of the headaches we're currently dealing with is when my wife (living with me in South Africa) had to renew her passport, they set her country of residence to South Africa.

Now that wouldn't be a problem, except for the massive fact that now because we want to move to Romania, BEFORE she can invite me to join her in Romania as her spouse, we've been advised by the local Romanian consulate that she first has to transfer her residency back to Romania (which can be done from outside the country but still requires the usual suitcase full of paperwork).

I'm guessing you don't have that issue Flowers123, if you're joining a partner who's already in Romania? I'd be very interested in your experience!

Hello - yes I think the paperwork and requirements will be the same. Employees always influence effectiveness - but I think the rules they adhere to are the same. Just a process one accepts and goes through - slowly. Changing the passport information needs to be done first - that also happened to another friend who had his surname spelled incorrectly - and had to go through a  whole process to get that changed before he could go further.
I am here alone, and not joining anyone. So will wait and see - hope to get temporary residency in 2 weeks time.
I am learning that you just keep at it, and make sure you keep all paperwork and responses. Persevere - it will happen if you do.
Are you in Bucharest - I am in Brasov

Thanks for the reply Flowers, I only got notified of it when I logged into the website, somehow didn't see the e-mail notification!

I will be in Bucharest one day, that's where my wife owns an apartment (plus it seems all the good jobs are there, unless you're in IT which I'm not).

Funnily enough I AM moving back from Cape Town to Centurion in July (just accepted a great new job there), so ya never know ... these things work slowly.

All the best as you tackle the process, hope it all works out smoothly for you!

where do you stay hun?