Help and advice on moving to Canada from the UK,

Hi there,

My partner and I are looking to move to Canada. We are just researching at the moment, and any help would be greatly appreciated!My partner is a plasterer by trade and I am a PA to a Managing Director.

We would be mainly relying on my partners job as an income and I would get any job such as retail.

Which city would have the best job prospects for my partner?

The type of lifestyle we're looking for is laid back but yet with things to do, we're really confused as to where to go as Canada is so vast!!

Any help or advice would be great.

Welcome to Expat-blog, Nikki119 :)

For basic info you should view the Life in Canada guide and read the articles.

Also, you should have a look at the Canada forum and read the discussion "Best place to live in Canada 2010".

It might help.

Hope that members also reply back to you soon.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi,

I've recently moved to Ontario from England (London). The Construction Industry is not doing badly from what I can see, I am a Home Inspector here and was a Building Inspector with the Local Authority in England. I would advise that you or your husband secures employment before coming to Canada or at least have sufficient funds to live off before leaving everything behind in England. The grass is not always greener on the otherside.
Canada is a great place to be but like anywhere you need a way to sustain yourself and your family if you have one. Things may take time to build to the same standard which you're used to in England, plan plan plan before leaving all that you know behind.