Egypt: an affordable expat destination

Hello everyone!

Do you dream of moving to the Land of Pharaos? Find, in this article, some of the advantages of living in Egypt.

Egypt is one of the cheapest destination for expats as reveals study conducted by Los Angeles media “GoBankingRates”. Indeed, the country ranks 43rd among the top 50 economic havens for expats worldwide. A total of 112 countries worldwide have been assessed in this study on the cost of living, especially for retirees and annuitants. However, other issues such as security, climate, politics and culture have not been taken into account.

With its population of more than 88.5 million inhabitants, Egypt provides affordable cost of living to expatriates. Indeed, rent is 90.2% cheaper than in New York. You can thus rent a single-bedroom apartment for an average of $ 350 per month. Food is also 65.8% cheaper. Local products and services, for their part, are 63.2% cheaper. Note that tourism, textile and food are known to be the biggest industries in the country.

Five other African countries also rank among the top 50 economic havens, namely South Africa (1st), Zambia (6th), Algeria (25th), Tunisia (34th) and Morocco (46th).

i like the brief its  very deep and simple

Thanks for the positive info. For once

Hi All,
Egypt is a great country and people are very friendly and approachable and helpful in many difficult situations. Some people go out of their way to assist you.
But, of course there are drawbacks, as in any other country, being a tourist who has invested in a property in Egypt, I have to obtain a visa 3 or 4 times in a year to stay in Egypt. After a year I have to leave and return to Egypt if I wanted to renew my visa. The visa fees are increasing each time I go to Visa office to obtain a visa to stay in Egypt. It is nuisense having to do all this. I love the country and people but why I am hassled to obtain a regular visa and after a year I have to leave and return to Egypt to renew my visa for another year.
No one is doing anything about it, especially for the property owners, or for the people who want stay in Egypt for a long time.
Otherwise, a person can live in any part of Egypt and it is cheap and affordable and enjoyable because you are welcomed any where you go as a tourist and as a casual visitor or employed. Of course you have to familiarize yourself with and respect the local culture and the Religion, but that's true for any other country too. Otherwise, we don't need to travel to that country.
Best of Luck!
RM

Thanks for the info