Malaria prophylaxis

Hi I will  moving to Cameroon Douala but I will stay for a long time what I do with malaria prophylaxis??

Tell me  if you take pills up to 4months and what ways you used to precaution ??

And is it simple to stuck malaria ?

Thanks.

You asked:
Hi I will  moving to Cameroon Douala but I will stay for a long time what I do with malaria prophylaxis??
Tell me  if you take pills up to 4months and what ways you used to precaution ??
And is it simple to stuck malaria ?
Thanks.

As a physician I would advise to use insect repellent lotions before going to bed under a mosquito net which is available for purchase or sometimes free at government heath posts for preventive care. Taking chemicals for prophylaxis in my view is not that smart, because it contributes to the emergence of resistant strains of malaria, does nothing to build your own immune system, and has side effects. If you are quick to start treatment at the earliest symptom (aches and pains and fever mostly), I would advise you to simply have Artemeter and Lumefantrine (Sold as Bimalaril) available and take the 3 days treatment as soon as you are diagnosed or even suspected of coming down with malaria. Letting yourself be exposed to malaria with these reasonable precautions in my view is better because it helps you build immunity and you become less and less vulnerable the more often your immune system is challenged. You want that immunity if you are going to stay for an extended period of time. THE KEY IS TO TREAT IMMEDIATELY WHEN EXPOSED. I am talking from both knowledge as a physician and personal experience. I had 3 bouts of malaria in succession in Douala within the first 6 months and treated each one, and not a single episode for the ensuing 2 and a half years of staying in Cameroon. I proceeded as I just explained.
I hope this helps. If you need a direct phone conversation on the subject, feel welcome to call 804-245-3679
P. Kamguia, MD. Richmond, VA, USA.

Here is a simple home made insect repellant.

Get a spray bottle.
Add 15 drops lavender oil, 4 tablespoons vanilla extract, a quarter cup of lemon juice.

Fill bottle with water. Shake before use.

So if I protect with all ways that you writen up can I have a good protection?
Or one day I will stick malaria ?

It easy to have a serious problem with malaria ?

You have tried these and works good ?