Austrian in Mauritius? How to Ship Furniture?

Hello,

are there Austrians in Mauritius? If yes, may I know how did you ship your furniture, clothes, etc?

Or maybe Germans? How did it work for you?

We want to move end March.

Please ask if you need details.

Thank you.
Geraldine.

Hi Geraldine,

you can get in touch with Austrians in Mauritius through this page : https://www.expat.com/en/nationalities/ … mauritius/

and any other nationality through that one : expat network Mauritius

Hope this helps;

Julien

Thank you Julien.

Servus Geradine!
I used to live in Salzburg but currently in London. My wife's German and we are planning to move to mru by end of May. We made some enquiries about shipping furnitures-its best to go through a shipping agent. try AGS.....

Keep in touch and would be nice to meet up in Mauritius :-)

Hi,
Is this AGS in Austria?

Liebe Grüße,
Geraldine.

http://www.agsmovers.com/branches/europe/austria

Thank you.

Contact velogic. www.velogic.net Good reputation.

Merci.

Call Axess logistics+44 7931 314860
They cover europe and group shipping

I don't need anymore. Thank you.

Hi there,

Here is some info, i managed to get from the Customs sections in Mauritius.

Kindly be informed that –

(a) if the items ( being for personal use) arrive in Mauritius  by post or  “courier services”, customs duty and VAT would be exempted for the first Rs 2,000 of the value (for Mauritian Citizens) but customs duty  would be levied at the appropriate rate and VAT would be applicable at 15 % on the value exceeding Rs 2,000 and  if the value declared does not exceed Rs 30,000, no bill of entry shall be required for customs clearance;

(b) if the items  arrive  in Mauritius  by cargo (air or sea),that is, not by post or  “courier services”, there will be no exemption for  customs duty and VAT.  A bill of entry would then be required for the customs clearance and the services of a customs broker or a freight forwarding agent may be required for the customs formalities. The documents needed  will be the invoice, bill of lading or airway bill and other transport documents which may be issued to you.

Source : Mauritius Revenue Authority - Customs Sections.