Fitness Center/ GYM

Hi guys!

I'm having trouble finding a gym in janzour. If somebody could help, please.

Cheers!!!

If you do a search you'll find a few threads discussing the different gyms.

Also:

sports

Thanks for the link. I believe the best gym around is the Sultans gym in gorgi. Which i assume is somewhat near to place.

There is a thread titled "gym" or "gym for ladies" with a good discussion and info. I refrained from including it in the FAQ thread because of some very indecent posts by member Napalm, who was banned, but is now posting on the forum again with a different username.

enraged1 wrote:

Thanks for the link. I believe the best gym around is the Sultans gym in gorgi. Which i assume is somewhat near to place.

I was going to go with Sultans.  I live in Janzour area as well.  But we decided to buy some stuff and use it at home.

MoEl wrote:

There is a thread titled "gym" or "gym for ladies" with a good discussion and info. I refrained from including it in the FAQ thread because of some very indecent posts by member Napalm, who was banned, but is now posting on the forum again with a different username.

Just read it, thanks mate. I will go to see Sultans this thursday. I hope they are using their brains now.

Sea Angel wrote:
enraged1 wrote:

I was going to go with Sultans.  I live in Janzour area as well.  But we decided to buy some stuff and use it at home.

Yeah, Janzour is a quiet place. A tad better than tripoli. I was planning to do some intense workout sessions under a trainer, heard they have 1 in sultans.

been checking this out myself. rixos has a trainer who appears after 3 pm -- equipment not so great. radisson trying to get some classes but not much from what i can tell. sheraton four points says no outside members and marriott not open til end january. the long and short of it is that sultan's is the only gym with classes. i'm probably gonna follow Sea Angel's route and get some weights and yoga mat and do it at home....if i can find an elliptical for less than a king's ransom, i'll get one of those as well...

m0j0working wrote:

been checking this out myself. rixos has a trainer who appears after 3 pm -- equipment not so great. radisson trying to get some classes but not much from what i can tell. sheraton four points says no outside members and marriott not open til end january. the long and short of it is that sultan's is the only gym with classes. i'm probably gonna follow Sea Angel's route and get some weights and yoga mat and do it at home....if i can find an elliptical for less than a king's ransom, i'll get one of those as well...

You have spent some good time looking for a gym :) Well i started in Omar Mokhtar steet. Nice machines but not so tidy. I live in janzour so sometimes find it hard to make up my mind but gladly my friend works out in the same gym so have no trouble going there.

which gym is that enraged?  also anyone know of a place where you can find workout DVDs? thanks

m0j0working wrote:

which gym is that enraged?  also anyone know of a place where you can find workout DVDs? thanks

Did you tried looking for it in Dahra? I believe you will find them in Rachid street too. Do you need some specific workout? I am often going to these places (ps3 discs) will ask about yours too.

Its in a big club, it has got 2 football grounds and gyms inside it. Its near to the souk thalata, just 200 meters away from its entrance gate.

thanks. what i'm really looking for is the les mills body pump. they don't sell it in stores but there seem to be versions floating on the web, but i'm leary about downloading from any of the torrent sites.

also wouldn't mind any of the Cathe Friedrich body max or muscle max series...stuff with weights is what i'm looking for. thanks.

m0j0working wrote:

thanks. what i'm really looking for is the les mills body pump. they don't sell it in stores but there seem to be versions floating on the web, but i'm leary about downloading from any of the torrent sites.

also wouldn't mind any of the Cathe Friedrich body max or muscle max series...stuff with weights is what i'm looking for. thanks.

Okay :). I hope i'll be able to find any of these.

hey can anyone tell me what happened to all the sultan gyms that sprouted all over Tripoli and suddenly have vanished... if anyone is going to sultan's in Gurji please ask if they're still open in other places..
Thankx

afaik there are only two and only were two

sultansgym.com/-Sultan's Gym

m0j0working wrote:

Well they fooled me... well hopefully the one in ben ashur is still operating cuz i pass by there all the time and haven't noticed it.
thanks for the 411

yadayadayada wrote:
m0j0working wrote:

Well they fooled me... well hopefully the one in ben ashur is still operating cuz i pass by there all the time and haven't noticed it.
thanks for the 411

I believe there is one in gergarish too facing the sea. I wonder why haven't they listed it in their website.

enraged1 wrote:
yadayadayada wrote:
m0j0working wrote:

sultansgym.com/ -Sultan's Gym

thanks for the 411

I believe there is one in gergarish too facing the sea. I wonder why haven't they listed it in their website.

you're right. we passed one on the way to lamma the other night.

I've tried calling the Sultan's Gym phone numbers that are posted on their website and have had no luck reaching anyone that can speak English. I'm trying to find out when spinning classes are offered (women's classes if they are not co-ed) and if I can purchase a pass for the day or pay per class. I think the Gurgi branch is the closest to me. I live off Gargaresh Road but am not sure if this area has a name. Thanks.

cardy, i can offer nothing. i've gotten some DVDs and am trying to keep the motivation up until the marriott gym opens (closest and probably most convenient to me)...if someone has any other news, i'd also be interested.

Cardy wrote:

have had no luck reaching anyone that can speak English.

Nobody in the Gurji branch speaks english, not even the trainers. You can pay per day for the gym but not sure about the spinning classes. I will be working out tonight, will try to get the relevant information.

Guy's - Bustan hotel (the old LCM place) has a decent Gym, Suana and swimming pool, Corinthia Hotel has a Gym (Both offer monthly joining fees) The Rixos hotel gym is SUPERB with a full time trainer, anyone fortunate enough to work for one of the 8 oil companies that set up the Gym on regatta can use it, gym, swimming pools, squash, various keep fit classes.
Guy on Regatta called Chris offers personal training, Another guy Roger offers a boot camp style weekly work out (both can be found on lookoutlibya.com)

officeboy wrote:

Guy's - Bustan hotel (the old LCM place) has a decent Gym, Suana and swimming pool, Corinthia Hotel has a Gym (Both offer monthly joining fees) The Rixos hotel gym is SUPERB with a full time trainer, anyone fortunate enough to work for one of the 8 oil companies that set up the Gym on regatta can use it, gym, swimming pools, squash, various keep fit classes.
Guy on Regatta called Chris offers personal training, Another guy Roger offers a boot camp style weekly work out (both can be found on lookoutlibya.com)

Chris is a mate of mine, and he is also a brilliant personal trainer, would recommend him to anyone, trouble is he is heading back to the UK soon, I don't know if he is planning on coming back out, I will ask him and report back.

Meant to add their are personal trainers at the Radisson hotel as well (both male and female) I have trained with them and they are quite good at setting varied training routines.

Hi, I work out in Sultan Gym, in the road of Gurgi, very nice one, except that they don't have a pool.

Cardy wrote:

I'm trying to find out when spinning classes are offered (women's classes if they are not co-ed)

They dont have any special spinning classes but the equipment is there so you can just pay for the gym and do whatever you like. As i said earlier you can pay for each day seperately as well as for couple of months together. Your call!

Hope this helps.

The Bustan Hotel now has a Spinning Class on Sunday (6:30PM & 7:30PM), Monday (6:30PM) and Wednesday (6:30PM) for 10LD per class. Call for more details and to reserve your space. There are only four bikes for participants now, but they are willing to purchase more if there is demand. bustanhotel.com

Apparently the Sultan does have spinning classes in the basement, but you have to know Arabic and the secret handshake to get any information on when they are scheduled.:)
As previously mentioned, they also have two spin bikes on the main level.

If you enjoy spinning, check out the class at the Bustan. Great instructor with great music!

Cardy wrote:

The Bustan Hotel now has a Spinning Class on Sunday (6:30PM & 7:30PM), Monday (6:30PM) and Wednesday (6:30PM) for 10LD per class. Call for more details and to reserve your space. There are only four bikes for participants now, but they are willing to purchase more if there is demand. bustanhotel.com

Apparently the Sultan does have spinning classes in the basement, but you have to know Arabic and the secret handshake to get any information on when they are scheduled.:)
As previously mentioned, they also have two spin bikes on the main level.

If you enjoy spinning, check out the class at the Bustan. Great instructor with great music!

Excellent... I was looking for this since long time ago. I asjed and in the Sultan they do Spinning classes, but timing is hard to know. I was evaluating buying a pair of those bikes (1500 lyd each)@ LIfeFitness, but they ran out very fast :(

BTW, are these lessons mixed or pure Macho men???? I would like to go with my wife

The classes are mixed.