Playing football in Tripoli

Hi,

I am here 3weeks now and finally starting to take to the heat.. I am looking for some help and if anybody could help me out it would be great. I am looking to see if any expats playing football around Tripoli on a regular basis and in need of a player to make up numbers??

Reilly

3 weeks!! So what are you thinking about the country?!

Football... it would be nice to play it in Libya!!! In June I will be there... and Im in!!

playing fottball will be very nice..i am in

Hey i am looking forward to play football with you guys. If any team members are needed can include some.

HEY I'M ALSO AVAILABLE!!! PLS GET INTOUCH WITH ME..

sign me up 2

hear, hear,:)

if you need a 39 year old veteran, would love to go in:)

am in too

It seems that the only one is missing, is someone who will organize whole thing. But if finally it works, I'm also in.

tell me a nice field i would go organize it

also in - let me know!

Aye...I'd be up for it too.

uefa striker, with that nick, u r too good for us:)

I would like to play, any venue organised?

I need the Same ..
Any Help ??

that easy guys ...

many small venues in tripoli... and normally every group pay per match or month...

but you all have to discuss about the suitable time to play... which day ? which time ?

TolgaU wrote:

uefa striker, with that nick, u r too good for us:)

Hey its been like two years since I had a proper kickabout. My shooting skills are in dire need of recalibration.

Hi,

I am also in need of a kick about.. and some exercise.

Please let me know if you manage to get anything sorted.

Cheers

there is an 5 v 5 artificial turf field on Gorgie road next to the Aman bank. Its always empty these days b/c of the heat and of course Ramadan.

Perhaps we should try to get something going one night of the week. I'd be happy to try to get the field cost/availability.

best,
mark

There's one next to Dahra Souq also. it's quite a big artificial pitch inside a cage. I've seen them playing 8 a-side on there before Ramadan.

Personally I've played 4 or 5 times with locals at 00:00 on a Thursday night on a similar style pitch, down a back street off the Airport rd.

Not played since Ramadan started though, but hopefully will be back playing soon. I can enquire then if you like, as to how you go about hiring the pitch and at what time/day. I don't even think it's 2 Dinar a man per hour!

Karl.

Gurji sounds nice. Count me in.

Dhahra not really my neighbourhood... Especially on Ramadan evening it would take me forever to get there.

Will there be any footie for this week?? Come on let's organize something :)

I'd love to participate also.
How do I reach you guys for a match?

hey guys..
what do you think about if we organize a soccer game this Friday (~18.00 p.m.)? I think we should be enough now. One or two colleagues of mine would play also..
10 players should be enough..there are a lot of locations in tripoli to play..
So I would definitely play. together with my colleagues we were three people
what do you think?

I stopped believing this would happen...
But still we need a venue.
I've recently noticed this place in Janzour: 32.827340, 13.013158 (google maps) but this is regular field and probably they would charge a lot to rent it. There is also a field in Regatta and Tourist Village. They look smaller and nice. Anyone ever tried there?

Hello wysoki,

janzour will be nice. they have a lot of places there. its not far for me..i live in sirraj and my office is in siyahia...
I know one libyan he can arrange a place for us. I know also the big field but i think it is not so easy to play there.
and the most foreigners live in this area..
if its ok for you we can try to arrange a match this week..if we are only 8 it is also ok..in my office we are 2-3 persons..
what do you say..and of course the others?????

hey guys i wud really like to play with u and i also have one or two other Irish wud love to if u r missing some players .
theres one pitch in Gergaresh near Kortoba school the NO. of players 12 and the fees is 15 Dinnar per hour.

i can check it out if u like to see if there is any days avilibale coz must off sportys rent it by month they take one hour or two per week.

just we need to now how many players do we hav ??

MMA: honour, respect, integrity, intelligence, individualism, courage, dedication, gallantry and heart.

Renzo Gracie refusing to tap out and objects to the referee's decision to end the fight even though his arm was completely broken by Sakuraba
http://bjj.org/susumu/pride8/images/p8sa06.jpg

Genki Sudo showing respecthttp://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/tdomf/86255/Success-500x375.jpg

Struve gets pounded and cut by Stojnic, then comes back and wins by RNC (Rear Naked Choke)http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rHRnZv4blY0/Ssp6D1osV_I/AAAAAAAADVM/_MTEbPOx5wY/s1600/struve.jpg

Soccer: gayness, forgery, backstabbing, stupidity, conformity, cheating, weak minds and tiny hearts.

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/soccer_is_gay.jpg

http://houston.theoffside.com/files/2009/06/soccer-flop.jpg

Here is another one:

Soccer: Sissy

MMA: Manly

You just like to look at two topless guys hugging each other, don't you?:)

MoEl wrote:

Here is another one:

Soccer: Sissy

MMA: Manly

i know libya is boring but please keep your stupid posts up for you..
im sure you never made sports in your live..but watching all the day this MMA or whatever..
how old are you?15?

@wysoki..
what about friday we will play?

bayburlu wrote:

keep your stupid posts up for you..

A) Greatness is better shared
B) You used the wrong preposition. I think what you meant to say was "...up to you."...hold on...or you could simply get rid of "up"...wait, but then... I don't know, whatever you say....

bayburlu wrote:

im sure you never made sports in your live..but watching all the day this MMA or whatever..

I have an inkling that you might be wrong.

bayburlu wrote:

how old are you?15?

Oh I wish. I used to tell people I'm 17, but somehow I kept getting strange looks, so now I say I'm 19. Thank you for the compliment, though.

wysoki wrote:

You just like to look at two topless guys hugging each other, don't you?:)

yah, especially when they're trying to kill each other.

But you're absolutely right:
https://home.comcast.net/~myspace1976/mypics/bjj1.jpg

In soccer, however, there's plenty of eye contact while kissing, groping, mounting...etc

ok mr. moel your english is better than mine..congratulations
you can open a english course and help the libyans to write and speak at least like i can..
the point is your post had nothing to do with our theme..
if you dont understand this i will write it in german or turkish language..

You people are misguided. I am only here to enlighten you and save few poor souls.

please ask your father for the car and you can drive a little bit on gergarish street..you are so funny

:D:cool:

the last post was only a joke..
dont make it..i have abig car, i need space on the street :cool:

@bayburlu:

Friday's great.

@MoeL:

It's not how I recall my ju jitsu lessons, but maybe I got my memory rebooted. Then probably bad people make me think that football is actually more interesting (even when you look only at the ball). And that sounded a little bit freakish and gay:)

Are we playing this friday?