Basketball or capoeira in Tripoli

I want to play basketball in tripoli, does anyone play at some outdoor courts (of there are any)? Would anyone want to meet up and play.

Also does anyone want to play/train capoeira? Would be preferable if it was someone who has played previously. I can teach you a bit more of you know how to play and want to improve.

thanks
fred

Sounds tempting. Will revisit thread soon

i wnat to play

Hey Tongeorgebb, which do you want to play? Basketball or Capoeira?

hey guys,
I want to play indoor but it is also ok if there is just outdoor court

sign me up for basketball if its not fullhouse

Basketball

basketball it is.

Hi

Where do you guys play and when. I would get in on it if possible.

I havent found a court yet. Any ideas?

I know there is one in Tripoli on the beach as you go towards Misurata. Never played there or anywhere else in Libya for that matter, so I hope this might come together somehow

Where is the national league played at? they should rent the saloon for peanuts.probably a game is played once in a blue moon, should be available.

hi this is aras.i m from turkey and i wanna play basketball... :)) cheers

Hey - why doesn't someone start up a pick-up BBall league in Tripoli for anyone interested in playing and getting some exercise...

It looks to me like there's enough interest...and please sign me up too! (i.e.: once you've got enough interest & something is organized) :0)

Cheers!

Dachshundman1

I can round up about 3-4 people except whoever is writing here

Hey MoEL, since you're there and I'm not (yet), is there somewhere central where a group could meet to play BBall, say once or twice a week?

If someone can find us some convenient (and decent) courts to play on, and arrange for the BBall courts' rental cost payments(or bribery payments), then I will collect & organize the names to start the pick-up group.

Cheerz! :0)

Dachshundman1

Al Fateh University.

O.K. What does it cost to rent the gym there for an hour? Who do we need to contact there? Does anybody know?

N0 - we are talking about BASKETBALL, with hoops...

As for the capoeira...  I am in town for a week, leaving Monday Oct 11 2010, and I would love to do some capoeira while I'm here.  I didn't bring my whites or anything but - malesh!  Reply to this post if you'd like to do a little game in the next week.  Since you didn't get any replies I don't think we could do a roda, but it'd be good to play a bit anyhow.

I am staying near the Medina.

Alexi

basketball sounds great. I live in Regatta, we used to play on an outdoor court opposite to where i live, there is an old rugged one board court, i see people playing from time to time, if interested, just set the time and date

Looks like I won't be there - see my other post: "Moving to Tripoli - Help Please!!"