Sweet Potato Recipes

Hi

I am lookinfg for some inspiration...well specifically some decent sweet potato recipes.

Please can anyone help?

Cheers
Piglet :)

Hi pigletinportugal :)

Just check this website, it contains lot of Sweet potato recipe. :D

Cheersss

Hi YUD,

Thanks for link. I think they look like American recipes. Sorry I did not make myself clear I am looking for traditional Portuguese recipes :cool:

There is a big Sweet Potato festival in Aljezur this weekend.
Aljezur is the home of the weet potato :) They are bound to have loads on sale so I thought I would check out some traditional recipes:)

Kind regards
PiP

Hello,
Here is one I got from
allrecipes.com.
  Been using that site  for inspiration for quite a few years.  This receipe has 5 stars and looks like the real thing, this is coming from an Americana who was raised in South Florida.  I have eated some sweet potatoe pie.  The real thing is only made in the southern states by elderly women, I think they use molasass in theirs.  But this one lookis good....Cheers!

By the way, love your blog!  Just immigrated August from the states.  In Caldas da Rainha. 

Ingredients
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Mix together mashed sweet potatoes, butter or margarine, and eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, flour, and salt. Mix in spices if desired. Add to sweet potato mixture and stir well.
3.Mix together buttermilk and baking soda. Add to sweet potato mixture and stir well. Mix in vanilla extract. Pour filling into pastry shell.
4.Bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes, until set in center.

Constance
con-toons.com

PS  Just read about the festival....wonder what Portuguese sweet potato pie is like...please, report for us northerners!

Hi Constance,

Thanks for you reply. I will try the recipe and let you know how I get on. Thanks for your kind words about my blog. I only discovered blogging earlier this year and I am using the opportunity to research different aspects of Portugal and share my findings with others.

Kind regards
Piglet

Hi PiP, try this, I managed to get the name from the farmers wife and googled it, thought she said truffles at first :)http://www.portuguesecooking.com/recipe … rts/trutas

Have tried to make it and although not as nice as the one she made me, it was tasty especially on these cool days! Some good PT recipes on here.

If you want any sweet potato slips to grow your own, let me know. Best wishes Val

Hi Paws2claws,

Thanks for the link. Looks like I am going to be busy:)

Unfortunately, I do not have any land to grow sweet potatoes :(
but thanks for the kind offer.

Cheers
PIP :cool:

Hi Constance,

Quick thought do you have a link/name to that recipe so I can see what it looks like?

Looks like it's gonna be a wet weekend so a good opportunity to experiment with some new recipes. What is buttermilk? Not sure I have seen this is Portugal.
PiP

Hello! I am Alex and I like cooking!
I live alone and when i need good potatoes recipe i look it for here!
potato recipe - https://club.cooking/recipe-category/potato/
There are different potato recipes that provides endless ideas for any type of meal. Mashed and baked, fried or roasted, stewed, find your favorite potato recipe here.

https://club.cooking/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Costco-Chicken-Bake-prev.jpg