New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Morocco forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Morocco if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Morocco forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi. Thanks for having me. I am trying to decide about living full time in Morocco. I was in the Taroudant area looking at property recently. My plan is an ECO home where I can have guests to stay for many activities. I speak Arabic and am well versed in the customs but need help with thoughts on medical care and insurance among other things.

Hi,
My husband and I are Austrian.
We work in Agadir every second month for 4-8 weeks.
We stay in Taghazout and would like to meet other expats in Agadir area.

I may be moving that way so stay in touch.

Just contact me in case

Hello everyone,

Please be reminded that the "New Members" thread is only for the introduction of new members.

You may exchange in private to avoid any off-topic on this thread  (click on member's profile, once on the profile, you will see "send a message" tab)

If you need any info, i suggest you create a new thread on the Morocco forum.

Here is the direct link : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

All the best
Bhavna

Hello all,
Many blessings to everyone my name is LaToshia and I'm new to Expat, my plans are to visit and possibly move to Morocco and I would like to know all I can before I make my final decision.... I plan to visit first this year in September hopefully if all goes well.  Then try to see if I can get a job or if I can handle things on my own.  Any information you all might have or can share will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Where are you thinking of moving to?

Hello All, My interest is in Morocco but somehow I was shuttled to the Colombia forum when I joined expat. I was  Born in the USA.  I  have lived in Colombia for several years. I speak English and Spanish. I am trying to chose a city in Morocco as a beginning base of operations with the  goal of residency.

Hi peeps. Pakistani/British guy looking to move to Morocco soon. Any tips on process would be appreciated. Cheers,

Hi all..

My name is Ameera and just got here in casa 2 weeks ago.. we are here for good.. my husband is moroccan but i speak english only.. i am trying my best to learn  moroccan arabic though.  :) i hope to meet good people here.. by the way i am from philippines..

Hi all iam thinking. Of moving. To Marrakesh  need to find out more. If there. Is a English. Community in Marrkesh to learn. The ropes and ofcouse meet more  people  where do expats  meet thankyou. For  your. Time kindness  regards. John  Tariq x

Hello! I just landed here - are you already here or still in the UK?

Hello and Salaam all!

I just landed last week in Morocco and will be living in Fes and Marrakesh (back and forth!)

Looking to make new friends so please drop me a message if you are up for meeting for coffee/ chatter/ wandering in the Medina :)

Heard a lot about this beautiful country! Would love to visit soon!

Hi all, so excited about finding an expat community in Morocco. Ive been seriously  exploring options on the job front  but have found it difficult  to find english speaking roles.  I come from a contact centre management and software background and was told that this is a great emerging industry for english speaking roles.  Struggling to find the right rresources to ecplore this though.  Any suggestions from those "in the know" would be appreciated!

Hello all, my name is lynn, I currently reside in Glasgow, married to abdoul from Casablanca, all effort to get him to join me here has been exhausted, so plan b is me to go there, though considering tangier rather than Casablanca. I'm glad to have found this forum.  :)

Hello everyone! I'm currently living in Fes. All English speaking folks are welcome to say hi :)

Hi

I am moving to Marrakech in 4 weeks and posting here in the hope of making some expat friends to show me the ropes.

Im Nuria from Scotland moving with my 7 year old Son Sami  :D

Would love to hear from anyone.

:heart:

Hello I'm from tangier .I welcome every english speaker to exploit  the city and exchange  experiences .:)

I'd love to .Welcome anytime :)

Hi,

I'm syuhada from malaysia and i'm new here.

i hope i can get some information before making a big move to morocco.

Planning on exploring Fes after Ramadhan. Ive heard so much about it from friends

I will be there in 2 weeks so im definately up for meeting 😘

Hi Lynn
Im in glasgow too but moving to marrakech 2 weeks today. Yikes. Get in touch

Good luck. Nuria ..Sorry just seen this post..I wish you all the best..take care..let me know you settle in ok..

Hello & Welcom Everybody !!
              I'm From Morocco Exactly from Casablanca and If You need Anything just send me messages, i'll be here ^^ !
Good Luck & Best Wishes .

Hey there, I'm Mohamed Yassine and I'm from morocco, I'm a teacher and father of three kids, looking for moving to Canada for work and having better life especially health care for my son who is in need of a special health care.
Any one can help me to find a job in Canada and find where to live!

asalamu alaykum,hi,
respected sir,
I am indian , currently residing in india...and im professional civil engineer
m planning to move morocco..
so i need your guidance and advice about morocco ...
should i move or not.

welcom sister

Hello all,

Recently made move from Dubai to Casablanca with family to head a Multinational Company. We are originally from Pakistan and as per our first impression  it's a massive change, may take considerable amount of time to cope to lingual and culture barrier. We are eager to interact with like-minded, English speaking expat families from any part of Morroco. PM me or write to xxx!

Take care!
Usman.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Welcome. Please note that contact details should not be plublished on the forum but rather exchanged via the private messaging system. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,
my name is Aliki and I'm from Greece.
I have two children aged 2 and 4.
My husband is a diplomat and for the last four years we have been living in Vienna, Austria. In two weeks we are moving to Rabat.
I'm looking forward to meet English speaking people.
I'm happy to join you!

Hello all,
I'm Denise, 33 year old from Florida in the U.S. My husband Mouhssine and I have been living in Casablanca but we're moving to Marrakech (where he's from) next month. Hoping to get out and about more and meet more expat friends in Marrakech. Got suggestions or free to meet up sometime, send me a message!
Best,
Denise

Im 23 and thinking of moving to Agadir. Just looking for advise and to hear other peoples experiences and any hints and tips :) If anyone is willing to answer some questions I have, please feel free to send me a message!

Hi

I'm moving to Tangier later this month for at least a year.

Any hints or tips appreciated.  I move about every couple of years so I am pretty good at settling in and finding my feet, but any interesting places to visit etc would be good.

Thanks.

hi thank for inviting me i am so happy for that but right now i live in morocco and i am hoping to find a job i have some experince in sofwere and computers

Bonjour ! my name is alex and im new here from Philippines

Hello!

Good day everyone. I'm Oumaima, and I'm from Casablanca.
I'm from 22 years old and I'd love to meet you guys :)

Hi Julien,

Thank you for the warm welcome! Would love to know about the yoga & well being community in Marrakesh.
I am coming to Marrakesh in September with a small group of yogis and others for a week of well being, workshops, sound therapy etc.

Thank you!
Salam, Om shanti

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid publicity of services on the forum, you may drop an advert in the Morocco classifieds.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am from London and will be visiting Morocco at the end of August for a number of weeks (Marrakesh, Casablanca, Rabat..). I am a happy and fun person who would love to meet new people and make friends who i can hang out with while i am on holiday in Morocco. I love going to the beach, seeing local culture , having good conversation and eating nice food.

I have been to Maroc for mini holidays twice before but would love for someone to show me around (FEMALES ONLY) Do get in touch. Please NO creepy people :)

Closed