Qualified social worker needs advice

Hi there, my name is Linda, and I'm looking to move to Gibraltar/Southern Spain next April, with my partner, who is a mechanic.  I'm a qualified social worker, so have already started looking for jobs in that area, but know they are few and far between,  if I can't get a social work job I'd be happy to do residential or day care work( I've got a particular interest in dementia).  I just wondered if anyone knows of anyone I could contact re jobs in these areas.  I'd appreciate any help
Many thanks

Hi Linda, there are social worker and care jobs in gib, look at the GHA websitE , it's Gib's NHS, and Grand home Care, a private Co. The GHA care home is called mount alvernia, try phoning them, it deals with dementia patients. Get back to me if you need more help and I'll give you phone numbers. There is work in Gib for you and your partner, but rents are high! I run a BNB as a sideline here, so if you are thinking of coming over let me know! Best wishes, Nick.

That's great Nick, thanks for your advice, will try looking on those web sites, I really appreciate your help

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board Linda  :)

A new thread has been initiated from your post and the feedback you had on the Working in Gibraltar category of the forum.

Hope it helps you in getting some advice.

All the best
Bhavna

Hi Linda, did you manage to seek social Work employment? I am a qualified SW hoping to move out to Gibraltar this year.

@ Hannahjanew92 :

Unfortunately, Linda is not active since 4 years already.
If you have any questions, please create a new thread in the Gibraltar forum, it might help you to communicate more effectively with the other members.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

@avocastreetrandwick Hi Nic I'm thinking of coming to gib to work.

Hello Su Kinc,

That member hasn't been on the website for years now.

If you need info, please feel free to open a new topic on the Gibraltar forum. Active members will surely guide you.

Regards,

Bhavna

[Topic Closed - old thread]

Closed