Want to live in gibraltar

hi i was just wondering if anybody knows what the security industry is like in GIB? im an experienced security officer in the uk. i have worked in retail and static security, but mostly leisure security ie events, functions,pubs and clubs. im also ex military. any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks  paul :)

Hi paul,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

tracybatty wrote:

hi i was just wondering if anybody knows what the security industry is like in GIB? im an experienced security officer in the uk. i have worked in retail and static security, but mostly leisure security ie events, functions,pubs and clubs. im also ex military. any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks  paul :)

Hi Paul,

Me and my wife are also based in Manchester (Central) and are considering the exact same move to Gibraltar in 2011.

We are going over in a few weeks to "put out some feelers". If you would like us to ask some questions whilst we are there, then get in touch.

Cheers
Lee

Hi Lee!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Armand wrote:

Hi Lee!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

Thank you....acutally been a member for a while now but this is only my 2nd post! :D

Looking to move to Gibraltar in 2012 so if any members want to get in touch, please feel free.

Cheers
Lee

Hope we won't have to wait another year for your next post :P

Have a nice day ;)

Armand

There are a number of private security firms in gibraltar, Group 5 is the first one that comes to mind.  The wages are low, something like five or six pounds an hour, or was last time we spoke to someone.  But if you get in, you can always work long hours :)  They are often looking for people, particularly with your experience.

Hello everyone,
I am also looking at moving out to Gib as soon as the property market here allows :( I am also in security work as a CCTV Operator and would appreciate any info in this area please :)
Thank you

Zelda x

Hi,
I am a lecturer in English and Maths, have two children and my wife is a sculptor, we have a house. We would like to live in Gibraltar.
Do you think I would be able to find work?

De Suto

No.

Why roughseainthemed? why do you think I would not be able to find work? Do they not have schools, colleges, children and young people, not to mention adults engaged in some form of education?
Wherefrom such certainty?

De Suto

Hi DE Suto

Here is a link to education in Gibraltar

http://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/education-a-training