Boys night out

Eid holiday is approaching as you know. I guess not everyone is gonna be able to leave KSA. So, for those staying in Riyadh, who's interested in a coffee cup downtown? Could discuss things to do for the rest of the holiday as well. Who's in? :)

Nice idea Mad - Go for it guys!  :top:

thats great!!! were gonna stay in riyadh for the rest of the holidays....

I'm in!

Going for hajj this year inshallah, Would have loved to join in. Maybe sometime later??

I am in

We can meet at Wayne's Coffee; a new coffee shop that opened on Tahlia St. tonight or tomorrow night, as per the convenience.

Just a suggestion

Depends on when and where as I am working right through, including Thursdays. :(
I'm on early shift next week and finish at 2, so after that would be good. :)

oh WoW! nice to hear from Madmaz inviting for a coffee hang-out...

at last, he was unloaded with work! lolz :):)

I thought I posted here last night :mad:

anyway, like I said last night, or I thought I said last night.... :/

I'm a Definitely IN! XD

Salman

Expat-Blog Boys' EyeBall (EBBs EB) at Wayne's Coffee on Tahlia St? Is that final? When? Pls. don't forget to include me in the distro for the details. Thanks.

Great!! I'm happy you guys are interested :top:

CAF, thanks for the support! :thanks:

mirfarali, Don't worry mate if this one works out there will be more to come for sure :D

slyshooter, if you think that place is good then it's fine for me but we gotta do it next week so Dave can join.

Everyone, thanks for joining! :D how about Saturday 13th around 8:00 pm? Actually any day between 13th and 18th is fine for me so if Sat doesn't work for you we can pick a different day.

If anyone else would like to join, please do! :D

madmaz,nice nice nice...:)

i am also in! :D:cheers:

*awkward silence*...

Bummer - No not you S.L.,
I'm now working the late shift next week too so I'm out. Unless it's after 9.30 pm.

Expat-Blog Boys' EyeBall (EBBs EB) First Gathering

Where : Wayne's Coffee , Tahlia St., Olaya,
When  : 8 pm, Saturday 13th November

Attendance is compulsory, late comer will pay the whole bill

Simona you can wear Thob and Shamagh and join us.

Hey Boys, u 're Big time Copy Cats :lol::lol::lol:

Have fun
and tell me how it was :P

Take pics!  We want to see you all together having fun!!!  :)

Whoa, why Saturday? I'm afraid I can't come. Maybe next time when it falls on a Friday or during Hajj vacation. Still, I'm excited for you guys! :)

Wait! Can't it really be after 9:30 or 10pm? lol

Well it can be on a different day and it can be at a different time. what is ur suggestion.

CAF wrote:

Take pics!  We want to see you all together having fun!!!  :)

we boys have fun all the time...

I suggest we keep it on Saturday but we can meet at 10:00 so Dave and Josh can join.

And for the ladies who want to join, Simona and Nonzie (you didn't say it but I know you do :P), I can get you fake mustaches, really big ones! but if you get caught, I'll act a fool and pretend to be surprised :P:lol:

Hey you guys have fun, fun, fun - its great to see you all getting together.  Wishing you all a happy Eid holiday :)

MadMaz wrote:

I suggest we keep it on Saturday but we can meet at 10:00 so Dave and Josh can join.

And for the ladies who want to join, Simona and Nonzie (you didn't say it but I know you do :P), I can get you fake mustaches, really big ones! but if you get caught, I'll act a fool and pretend to be surprised :P:lol:

Hey,mustaches 're fine but there would pretty other stuff,i may not be able to hide :rolleyes:..any idea for that ??? :lol::lol::lol:

nonz wrote:

Hey,mustaches 're fine but there would pretty other stuff,i may not be able to hide :rolleyes:..any idea for that ??? :lol::lol::lol:

nonz... i know but can't comment further on that. i just want to hear the powerful ideas of MM and shahab.

i would prefer to stay on one corner and eat POP-corn! (*toink)
:):):)

CAF, salman should be there to be the official photographer.\m/

looking forward to meet new folks in town.

nonz wrote:

well you could wear an XXXL thob and pose off as one of the local dudes walking around like a preggy

noone will have a second look if u r wearing a mustache and thobe... apart from that, locals here mostly have some sorta feminine physical appearance wen they grow fat... so dont worry nonz... u can do it!

musicman wrote:

well you could wear an XXXL thob and pose off as one of the local dudes walking around like a preggy

huh?! MM, did u type the right size?
what i know, my dear nonz has only a big heart for all...

funkydelicguy wrote:
musicman wrote:

huh?! MM, did u type the right size?
what i know, my dear nonz has only a big heart for all...

:lol::lol::lol:
YEah...right....he knows me well MM :P
and shahab r u sure?i have never noticed this,i thought many times when i really had to drive in night :rolleyes: but i couldnt gather any courage to do so :(

I am sure her heart is also as big as an XXXL unless of course you want me to put in another X there?

We have a saying back home in Sri Lanka that a woman with a BIG heart is always preggy...

When  : 10 pm, Saturday 13th November

If ladies want to joint its not necessary they have to be there physically, they can also cover the bill and we will remember them in our hearts at the gathering.

musicman wrote:

I am sure her heart is also as big as an XXXL unless of course you want me to put in another X there?

We have a saying back home in Sri Lanka that a woman with a BIG heart is always preggy...

Oh God,enough with my big heart :lol::lol::lol:

I m just planning how come i can destroy "boys days out" :proud

Hi..

Is there a get together during Eid Holdays...

I wish to join with you..

i am in too,,, but what day is it ?

Slyshooter wrote

I got off work a bit early so that I wouldn't be late to Wayne's coffee. I was very disappointed that I could not find the place after I followed the directions.
First - I could not fine 'Tahlia St. on the map. But after asking questions at work found out that is actually Al Amir Muhammed Ibn Abdul Aziz road.
The second clue 'Olaya' would indicate that it is at the Applebys end of the street. How wrong can I be. 4 times I crawled up and down in that traffic thinking that I must be going blind. Enough said.

Come on, better directions next time.

jillndave wrote:

Slyshooter wrote

I got off work a bit early so that I wouldn't be late to Wayne's coffee. I was very disappointed that I could not find the place after I followed the directions.
First - I could not fine 'Tahlia St. on the map. But after asking questions at work found out that is actually Al Amir Muhammed Ibn Abdul Aziz road.
The second clue 'Olaya' would indicate that it is at the Applebys end of the street. How wrong can I be. 4 times I crawled up and down in that traffic thinking that I must be going blind. Enough said.

Hi Dave,

Would like to apologize for the mess, actually Salman told us what happened and we really felt bad about it. Should have done better

jillndave wrote:

Slyshooter wrote

Oh that's is sad but i 'm surprised u dont know about the Most famous street of Riyadh :blink:

What's so famous about it. Loads of shops that I have no interest in.
Driven down it loads of times, but I've never had a reason to stop.

Loads of coffee shops - but actually, I really dislike coffee.

Thanks Slyshooter, see you next time.

ps. When did the street name change?

I would like to say thanks to everyone who attended, and those who tried but couldn't make it.

It was a wonderful meetup indeed, except when we heard the news about what happened with Dave, to whom we owe an apology. Actually everyone, including me, had trouble finding the location. I take full responsibility for that. I should have done better. :shy

Can't wait to see you guys next time.

Btw Salman suggested that we keep Wayne's Coffee as our official meeting spot for all our further meetings; (don't know why he liked the place that much, he even took a plastic cup as souvenier)

So people who couldn't come please take note of the address.