Newbie questions

Hi all,
I am thinking of relocating to Europe, perhaps to Andalusia. But it is all up in the air just yet until I find out specifics. Can anyone tell me (or point me in the right direction) about rules/legalities for long-term rentals or property purchase for foreigners? Thanks in advance.

The first step is to contact your nearest Spanish embassy, they will fill you in on just what type of visa you can get if you can, it may or may not get very complicated depending on your situation but the embassy will fill you in on the details at least.

If you are relocating and are going to be a permanent resident then there is really not much to worry about in regards to renting or buying as you will have residency so it will be the same as everybody else, nothing special as long as you set up a bank account and get an NIE number, only when you are a non-resident will it be different.
Also google 'Golden visa Spain' as if you buy a property over a certain amount they will issue a residency visa, from memory it's 500,000 euro but I may be wrong.