Moving to Paris - need an apartment! Ideas?

Hi!

We are moving to Paris and need to rent an apartment from 1.1.2011. Do you have some tips regarding rental apartments? We would need 65-90 m2 with two bathrooms in the center of Paris. Which area would be nice to live?

Thank you!

Welcome on Expat-blog Maapallo! :) For the apartment search, you might want to have a look at the Accommodation in France article and to view the Paris classifieds > accommodation section.

I wish you good luck.
Christine

well I was living in (Moderated : No free advertising please, Thanks).
good quality, reasonable prices
but little bit far from centre
also they have cheap parking

Have you tried : leboncoin.fr (indent : colocations) as well as : appartager.com  websites.
Agencies are crooks and swindlers who will demand you to earn 4times the amount of the wanted rent, plus agency fees...

I am a French middle-aged lady and I move this way to my liking, all around France...

try craigslist (careful of scams)
Fusac (monthly publication but www is updated daily between 7 and 8 pm
Expatriates.com
Facebook (many groups available)

i would generally say avoid pap.fr and seloger as these are far too competitive

i forgot to mention the American church in paris (they have a billboard inside) definitely worth checking!

seloger.com

explorimmo.com

pap

les plus beaux endroits
75004 (ile de la cite ile st louis)++++++++++++++++
75001 (louvre)
tout est beau sauf le 18 eme le 20 eme le 19 eme
et encore il y a des quartiers sympa

We spent three months looking online and in papers at ads for apartments and 90 percent were scams. We couldn't afford to go through an agency as they charge you a months rent as a fee but in the end we had to borrow money to do it because it was that or be homeless. Most apartments advertised straight from owners do not exist and are just scamming so be aware.

We are looking for an apartment as well.  I am finding it to be a far more difficult task than I anticipated.

[Moderated: Please post in the housing section]

Hey guys, my first post here.
I'm NOT advertising anything just wanted to let you know that I started a list of vacation rentals in Paris to prepare for my trip and ended up with a long list that I've organized as a directory.
I hope it helps those of you looking.
sylviaslist.com/The-List

Best,
Sylvia

Hi,
I am selling my Dordogne Property and I am moving to Paris, I am searching for an apartment near States library. Does anyone know about any good apartments near the library?

Hello Penny Cooper.

Welcome to Expat.com!

You can try to post an advert in the housing in Paris section. It can help.

Good luck,
Aurélie

Penny Cooper wrote:

Hi,
I am selling my Dordogne Property and I am moving to Paris, I am searching for an apartment near States library. Does anyone know about any good apartments near the library?

t'es malade? are you crazy?! (kidding!) don't move to Paris, don't leave Dordogne, unless you have a great, amazing, stunning,incredible reason- love and great job are accepted as reasons... hehe...

I lived in the South, close to Dordogne, in Gironde (Lavagnac) and in the Bordeaux area (Cestas) and loved it... Paris is great, but I sometimes miss the South... ;)

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum. Post your advert in the Housing in Paris section.]