Finding western medicine

I went to the corner pharmacy today and thought that i could get my blood pressure medicine and nope they not have so how do i find my lisinopril Htcz 20/ 12.5 mg?

Have been living in HO CHI MINH city? You can buy medicine at Hai Ba Trung Street, local near Tan Dinh market, there are many big medicine store.

Thank you I will give that a try

Thank you for your response I got an equal medicine.

mikebrown wrote:

I went to the corner pharmacy today and thought that i could get my blood pressure medicine and nope they not have so how do i find my lisinopril Htcz 20/ 12.5 mg?

Western medicine?, here in VN you can get a choice of western medicine, made in India, China, VN and god knows where else, each with a different price of course.

bluenz wrote:
mikebrown wrote:

Western medicine?, here in VN you can get a choice of western medicine, made in India, China, VN and god knows where else, each with a different price of course.

The OP is new in town and doesn't yet know his real concern should be finding "real" medicine and not buying the fake stuff. It's unbelievable how many pharmacies sell counterfeit medicine.

Adhome01 wrote:
bluenz wrote:
mikebrown wrote:

The OP is new in town and doesn't yet know his real concern should be finding "real" medicine and not buying the fake stuff. It's unbelievable how many pharmacies sell counterfeit medicine.

In the hospital as well, when I was getting my Rabie shots they had a big board on the wall showing all different types of medicine, and where they were made. The dog that bit me looked like it was a VN type dog, so I opted for VN medicine.lol

Hi, I don't know you still need this or not, but I think that Minh Chau pharmarcies is a good choice. It has many branches and you can easily find it on Google.

Hope this helpful.

Thanks guys so much after several hours of searching I found it and yes I got the real this time so I am good for now.

As a precaution I've been taking worm tablets for 4 years now., and in the news recently the medico's here said that 50% of the people here have worms.....eek.

I've just found out that the tablets I've been taking are actually meant for dogs.  I thought they looked familiar to the ones we gave our dog back home, big square blocks that you mix with food and eat.    The new ones I got last week ( I take them 6 monthly)  are smaller , called Fugacar. 

I'm beginning to wonder if anything at all here is real.   

Woof woof.

anyone know where I can buy cold and flu tablets with pseudo? :)

Yogi007 wrote:

As a precaution I've been taking worm tablets for 4 years now., and in the news recently the medico's here said that 50% of the people here have worms.....eek.

I've just found out that the tablets I've been taking are actually meant for dogs.  I thought they looked familiar to the ones we gave our dog back home, big square blocks that you mix with food and eat.    The new ones I got last week ( I take them 6 monthly)  are smaller , called Fugacar. 

I'm beginning to wonder if anything at all here is real.   

Woof woof.

I think I've seen just about everything counterfeited imaginable. Other than the medicine, one that concerns me is the water. Not just the big jugs you use in your home but the bottles sold at stores and restaurants.

bluenz wrote:

There are plenty of authentic medicines from Germany and France.  In Saigon as well as VT, we buy medicines only at our trusted pharmacies and pharmacists, bypassing the ones manned only by pharmacy clerks.

Certain 'original' medications you have no chance of buying from pharmacy. e.g. Dulcolax. You will be offered an alternative like BisacodylDHG,  Which I find is not as good as Dulcolax.

I must have tried so many pharmacies. Some have even taken my phone number and said they'd call if Dulcolax can be ordered. Sadly, when followed-up the answer is 'no, cannot order'.