Aspiring to live in Malta

Hello everyone!

My personal story is complex and confusing, and most certainly boring, so I will try to be short and sum it up in a few lines.

I grew up with foreign music channels in the 90's and then got hit by the Internet.
Communication and exposure to the outside world gradually made me realize how insane living here is and how nothing in common I have with the people around me.

I took comfort in complaining, almost daily, to friends about how things are done abroad, but this comfort evaporated as time passed by and nothing ever changed.

So I finally decided to do something about it, admittedly maybe too late.

My plan is to master Web Development and become a full stack developer.
I hope to build a clientele, with happy international customers.

The dream is to have enough work, to meet expenses for life in Malta, and be able to help the local business and people in my free time.

At the moment, I spend my days as a foreigner in my own country. I hope to find a new home with normal people and change citizenship.

The main reasons I like Malta is the predominately Christian population and the English language, which I love. :)

Nice to meet everyone. I hope I can be as useful for you as you already are for me.
I will try to help if you have any Computer/Software related questions or problems.
Please ask, I will do my best to help. :)

Thank you for your time!

Hi ,

welcome to the forum.

Why not just say that you are looking for work in Malta?

What are your qualifications in IT or otherwise? THe normal way is to either have a job before you come to Malta or otherwise have some money and just give it a try.

Cheers
Ricky

Hello ricky,

Thank you for the welcome!

My intent is to have a job before I even get to Malta.
I really wish to live there, not just visit.
If I want to change citizenship, I will need to support myself for years and have multiple options for income.
I'm currently not looking for work in Malta, because I think that I can learn a skill which will allow me to have that stability.
If I move now without it, there's little chance that I will have the free time to learn it while working in Malta.

For your question about my qualifications in IT, I can answer in two ways.
The first is that I don't posses any academic accreditation for my skills.
The second is that I have worked in IT and found my skills to be on a very acceptable level.
Most recent example is when I tested myself if I can work in a PC repair shop and received a gift of candy from a happy customer.
http://oi59.tinypic.com/jtw4tc.jpg
I am extremely curious and have explored 2D, 3D, Vector Graphics software, Sound and Video editing, Photography, and most recently programming, which took me to web development, which I was doing 14 years ago with flash (it was cool back then! ; ) ).

It's hard for me to answer, because in my experience in IT, I've met people with accreditation who did great disservice to the institutions, and I met people with whom it was a pleasure to work with, because they vastly eclipsed my skills.

As to the third option of having some money and giving it a try, I can certainly do that, but money is something you don't have a lot of in a country like the one I'm in at the moment.
And this option is only if Greece decides to exit the EU or some other extreme thing happens.

Hopefully I can keep learning about Malta from this forum and have a happy ending.