Carteira de estrangeiro ready for pick-up?

Hello fellow-expats.

Some 6 months ago I was at the PF in Galeão to get my Permanência. I did the whole, photo, fingerprint, and much-awaited-stamp on my passport. But I didn't ask about when the actual carteira will be ready.
Will they contact me? How is the procedure from now on?

Additionally, I will be travelling back home in a couple of month's time, do I need to inform the PF?

Finally, I must note that my passport is due to expire in November so when I'll be home in August I will be going to apply for a new one (biometric one). What will happen to the stamp? I guess I will manage to keep both passports right?

Just checking.
Thanks everyone

Rgds.

When you applied for permanency did the DPF stamp your passport "Registrado como Permanente?"  They should have done so. If so then you're fine, but you need to request that your old passport be cancelled and RETURNED to you when you apply for a new one. Then you just show the stamp in the old passport when you present the new passport to re-enter Brazil.

Regarding your Cédula de Identidade Estrangeiro, have you checked the DPF website to see if it is ready for pick-up?

Using Internet Explorer (ONLY) visit this site type in your full name and protocol number to check. If it comes back and the "Recebimento" field reads "CONFIRMADO" the the Cédula is ready to be picked up.

https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/p … ocesso.jsp

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

You're so helpful James! Thanks so much!!!
tá confirmado!!  :one

Go get 'em girl!!!! It's a pretty spiffy looking card, but after all we go through to get it I think it should be a gold embossed certificate that we hang on the wall.  :D

Haha, indeed. I'm sure that as I'll be stretching out my hand to receive it from the PF it will all turn into slow-motion and the Chariots of Fire music will start to play.

Abraços