Which is the most important???

Hi,

If my future employer provides me a residency permanent permit, do i need a work permit or it's sufficient?
Which is the most important?

Thanks a lot

In order to work in Turkey either for a job or business, foreigners require an official work permit. Working without a work permit it is classed as 'working illegally'.

I would suggest that you ask your employer to arrange work permit.

Amongst other disadvantages, it is punishable by law and one can be banned from entering in Turkey for 10 years I think.

Hayana wrote:

Hi,

If my future employer provides me a residency permanent permit, do i need a work permit or it's sufficient?
Which is the most important?

Thanks a lot

Hi Xeeschan,
Many thanks for your answer.
Work permit is only for local contract or even for expatriate contract?
How much costs a work permit? Can i apply by myself without my employer?

You're welcome Hayana,

I think work permit is required for expats regardless of local or expat contract. The best person to arrange a work permit has to be your employer, I would assume. Personally, if I am being offered a job in a foreign country, I would ask the employer to take are of the documentation and accommodation. I do not have any idea about the cost. As I mentioned, the best to take care of these documentations should be your employer.

Hope this helps! : )

Hayana wrote:

Hi Xeeschan,
Many thanks for your answer.
Work permit is only for local contract or even for expatriate contract?
How much costs a work permit? Can i apply by myself without my employer?

Thanks a lot Xeeschan

I recently started working for a Turkish company. They took care about the whole procedure for the working permit (they used a specialized agency) and it took one month to get it. With the working permit I could then get the visa.
Here you can find the information:
http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information- … ers.en.mfa

Many thanks Laleaist and good luck for your new job.