Questions about Tunisia.

I've already gotten some feedback about these questions but I want a second opinion.... a third and a fourth wouldn't be bad either...lol ;)

1. What is rent like in Tunisia
2. What age do kids start school
3. What language do they start learning first
4. Should our kids go to public or private school
5. Which language do you recommend we learn first French or Arabic?
6. Is Arabic hard to learn?
7. Is French enough to learn without having to learn Arabic?
8. How hard is it to become a permanent resident of Tunisia?
9. What part of Tunis do you recommend living in?
10. Does anybody get Turner Classic Movies or any other American channels in Tunisian and how?

it's vary from 200$ to 1000$ depend of the palce and the city
at 6 years old
depend of the school they are an international school wchich start with only french or english on the government schools start with arabic and second year start with french along.
for your case better to go to private english school then slowly you can teach them eather french or arabic to transfer them to goverment schools which are completly free and more better then private schools
5. Which language do you recommend we learn first Fren
ch or Arabic?
if you want to stay for a long time better to learn arabic it will be usefull to communicate with tunisian and live with your community easly.
not that much but depend on how you are starting to learn is it with school or just from the street? 
not enough
not very hard just if you spend the required period and you proove your residencial paper even you get tunisian nationaly after five years
i recomand you to live in big city at the begining to get more selection for language learning and schools like Tunis, Souse and Sfax.
10. Does anybody get Turner Classic Movies or any other American channels in Tunisian and how?
now the world is became like a small village by using different kind of satelite you can ask any satelite shop he will advise you for which satelite and equipment you have to install in your appartment.
good luck and keep in touch if you need more information

Ghlaissia,

Do you know any school in Tunis that you recommend for learning Arabic?

It seems you've moved around a bit, would you recommend shipping furniture and books overseas or just selling everything in the states and buying everything in Tunis?

Thank you Ghlaissia for answering my post! I have another question for you that pertains to culture. My partner is an artist and paints portraits of people (mostly women). He would like to know if this would pose a problem in Tunisia (a Muslim country) also would it be difficult to find women to pose in his studio (modestly of course)? Thank you very much by the way Abydos above is my partner sorry for the confusion!

Hello wmrs526 and of course Abydos :)
In response to some of your questions, you might not be aware of it but Expat.com has a classifieds section, and for Tunisia it is Tunisia Classifieds.
If you scroll down the page, you'll find the various subsections, such as accomodations etc...
Cheers
Arlette

hi,
just want to tell u one thing really the best response to all ure question is on the comment of ghlaissia
and i'm totally agree with her
and please for any more information sugegstion don't hesitate to contact us specially that we are a travel agency based in sousse
good luck and have a nice day
bestregards
Matt travel Tunsiia

You are welcome wmrs526 and Abydos
To answer your questions
realy I am not aware about your parter field in Tunisia if it's available what he is looking for or not, I am an engineer most of my knownelge is in my field only but as you said and for your information Tunisia is only country in the world who has almost 100% of population with same religiom as muslim sunny. So you have to keep this factor in mind for some respect.
- for the school just make a search by private school in Tunisia and you will find what you need just make inquiry with them and I am sure they will give you more information better than me.
regards
Ghlaissia

Hi guys, would anyone know any Filipino or Filipino organizations that i can contact in Tunisia?

** Ranges, a 2 bedroom starts at around 350 TND to 1000 TND
** My son started here last year at the International School of Carthage (French School) at age 4 but they start around 3 years old.  I recommend this school if your kids are very young because they can easily pick up French and they start teaching them Arabic and French from 5 years old.
** French at private schools, and I think Arabic at the public schools.
** I chose private because it happens to just be around the block from me, and the school being on the French system, my son gets a 2 week vacation pretty much every 9 weeks and 2 months off for Summer.
5. Which language do you recommend we learn first French or Arabic?
** I started off with French because to do business it is very important.  I also take some Tunisian Arabic courses in the Winter, this also helps.
** Tunisian Arabic is not.
** Yes
** If you have a work contract with a company here, it is just a matter of months and some paper work.  Most companies have their own attorneys to do all this for you.
** Depends on your work.  I like Louina, Soukra, JArdins du Carthage, Lac I and Lac II since they are close to everything... Louina is where you will find the nicest apartments for the best price.
** I get many shows and channels from the States: Fox, HBO, Showtime, CNN, MBC, etc.  You just need to buy a satellite receiver for your new place when you get here... called a DREAMBOX, they cost around $70usd and there are many shops in  town that can unlock many many channels for you for about $65usd a year. Cant beat that.