Non-compound housing where an American family can feel comfortable?

Hi all.  I would love to live on a compound, the idea of a safe and pretty walk outside, facilities for healthy activities, western style housing...but it's just too darn expensive. The kids and I are struggling in our current housing, and since life in Riyadh for me and my 4 kids means usually being stuck in the home, I need housing that is comfortable and cozy and offers a nearby shopping strip or a park to walk to. Can anyone recommend an apartment complex that is modern, and smartly engineered in a decent area? We found only one good 3 bedroom apt in qurtoba but there was no extra space at all for a maid or exercise area or play room or storage...lovely but not practical.  Thank you

(Moderated: no free ads here please + post in the housing section)

Thank you very much for your reply. Our problem is that my husband cannot/will not go over 70,000SR or so for housing, which is why I had to accept that there will be no chance for a compound. Your compound looks beautiful. I have a question though, if someone is employed within a compound, is there a chance for a discount in housing? Maybe this is solely American mentality though.