Would appreciate if you could please tell me some Monthly Cost :

Hi,

I am from India and planning to move to lisbon for employment purpose.

Will appreciate if you could please guide me for the monthly living expense in lisbon for 1 person.

Studio flat monthly rental expense?
Monthly utilities expense (electricity, gas)?
Internet, tv monthly expense?
Food expense monthly?
Transportatiin expense monthly?

I am getting a Salary offer of 2000 USD /Monthly. Is that sufficient enough to manage living expense and make some savings.

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Manish

Hello Manish and welcome to Expat.com

Kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post to help you get better interactions on the Lisbon Forum.

While waiting for members to help you out, I invite you to check out threads in our section Cost of Living in Lisbon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi there,
No worries, a salary of 2000 USD will be enough to cover up for all your needs, if they are not exaggerated, of course. Monthly rent depends of the size of the apartment and the location-for a decent T1 in a good area where you can reach most of things on foot and do not need to use too much transport, the price should not surpass 450 - 500 eur. Costs in Lisbon for electricity, gas, internet and water are quite cheap (esp. water). For one person it should all together not be above 100 eur. Now, more concrete, TV plus internet can go from 28 eur (vodafone, promotional package) and above, depending of the number of TV channels and internet speed you desire. Portugal has one of the cheapest food markets in Europe, but the offer is also quite large, so you might be tempted to try out different and new flavours (vines, pastries etc), thus finding yourself spending more money than you planned in the first place...If buying in supermarkets, the cost for food that you will prepare at home can be anywhere between 200 to 300 eur per person or a couple. Restaurants are cheap if they look like bars and taverns-those will serve daily menus (drink, soup, main dish, desert and coffee for 5 - 7.5 eur in total)...real restaurants will come out pricey, from dishes starting from 18 euros (if you eat around Rossio or in Parque das Nacoes area).
Transportation is the best if you take metro, price is 1.40 or 2.80 for a return ticket. There is a monthly card you can get and save money (I don't know the exact price of it, but it is around 50 eur). However, this only pays out if you really need to use the metro and/or bus on daily basis.
I hope this helps. Have in mind that an average salary in Lisbon is not more than 1000 EUR, so your wage goes way over this limit. The minimum salary reported as of September 2014 is 505 EUR.
Have fun!

manishkant wrote:

Hi,

I am from India and planning to move to lisbon for employment purpose.

Will appreciate if you could please guide me for the monthly living expense in lisbon for 1 person.

Studio flat monthly rental expense?
Monthly utilities expense (electricity, gas)?
Internet, tv monthly expense?
Food expense monthly?
Transportatiin expense monthly?

I am getting a Salary offer of 2000 USD /Monthly. Is that sufficient enough to manage living expense and make some savings.

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Manish

Try www.numbeo.com for cost of living