Indian married to a Mauritian Citizen

Good day everyone

I am an Indian citizen married to a Mauritian citizen.  We got married in the UK and lived there for five months after which my wife went back to Mauritius for her job and I went back to India.  I am moving to Mauritius in August and am looking at the best way forward.

Can I apply for a residence permit or a Permanent residence permit in Mauritius? Do I need to first go to Mauritius as a tourist? Also what the costs and timelines are.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

mysticsky wrote:

Good day everyone

I am an Indian citizen married to a Mauritian citizen.  We got married in the UK and lived there for five months after which my wife went back to Mauritius for her job and I went back to India.  I am moving to Mauritius in August and am looking at the best way forward.

Can I apply for a residence permit or a Permanent residence permit in Mauritius? Do I need to first go to Mauritius as a tourist? Also what the costs and timelines are.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum
Perhaps you get your wife to start checking with the relevant authorities  for you. That would seem to be the easier way than you trying to chase up things from India.
In the meantime check other posts on this forum which may have some information for you.

Hello mysticsky

Before you can apply for residence permit, your marriage should be registered with the local Mauritian authorities. Stumpy said it right, get your wife to go to the immigration office at Port Louis and ask for relevant information.

Regards

Kenjee