Who the Heck is Isis?

Who is arming and funding these fighters?
Where did the money & gold grabbed in Mosul go to?
Anyone here got any ideas?
Or prepared to have a stab at guessing?

The American partially armed them, not that they intended to.
As the rebels advanced, the poorly trained Iraqi army ran, leaving their US supplied weapons where ever.
As for the rest of their gear, hard to say without a good bit of research.

ISIS stands for Islamic State In Iraq & Syria.

Hello all,

Thanks for the piece of information, but as you may know, Expat.com does not encourage such topics dealing with politics and religion.

Would be kind of you to avoid such topic on the forum.

Regards

Kenjee

kenjee wrote:

Hello all,

Thanks for the piece of information, but as you may know, Expat.com does not encourage such topics dealing with politics and religion.

Would be kind of you to avoid such topic on the forum.

Regards

Kenjee

In that case I suggest you either delete the thread or close it.

I find it most unfortunate that a blog for expatriates cannot discuss a war situation in a region of the world which could entail extremely great danger to foreigners visiting it.

Hi El_Jost,

It's ok to talk about it in an informative way.
The risk with this type of thread is people giving too strong personal views on the matter which can make it delicate to deal with.
If everyone is aware of that and tries to avoid that slope, the topic can go on.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

mas fred wrote:

The American partially armed them, not that they intended to.

Fred: may I say, in an informative way, that your speculation may be off the mark. How do we know that the US didn't intend to arm them? There are plenty of commentators around who claim that the dismemberment of Iraq was and remains a war-aim of both the US and Israel. Here is a link to what is claimed to be the intended re-drawn borders in the Middle East. (I'm afraid the map is accompanied by some comments that may not be defensible; but I don't know how to link to the map by itself.)
http://www.oilempire.us/new-map.html

To me one thing is clear: The reporting by the mainstream media of a lot of what has supposedly been taking place in Iraq during the ISIS advance and the taking of Mosul simply does not pass the "sniff test".

This is supposition for the moment but for me there are too many parallels between what happened in Ukraine and what is now happening in Iraq. All my senses point to some part of the US govt. being the instigators of this action.

Behind this incident lies: oil & gas and their pipelines, Iran and the isolation of Russia as a supplier of oil & gas to Europe. Also the future of Kurdistan as the new American puppet state in the region with pots of oil.

One tends to find these things tend to be more global than local.
At the monent, there seems to be a battle for control of fuel supplies to Europe.
One would do well to see where Iraq's oil is exported to.
That may well offer clues as to who is doing what.

Some of the oil in Iraq goes to two ports in Israel. This was the case about 6 years ago. China got the biggest contract for oil from Iraqi oil fields. That deal was also inked some years ago.

The so called 'rebels' of Syria that were trying to overthrow the Assad government, were funded and supported by Saudi Arabia, U.S., and Israel. Turkey also had a big part in it, as did Britain. The 'rebels' were from Libya ( we see how well that went down ('regime change/installing democracy'), and from other parts of North Africa as well as the Mid East.    They were not successful in bringing down the Assad government of Syria. Assad military fought off everything that was thrown at him. The 'rebels' also had what is known as "al Qaeda" fighters.

Muslims that are living in Iran are Shiite Muslims. They are the majority. Iraq also is dominated by the Shiite. When Saddam was in charge of Iraq, the Sunni Muslims had most of the major seats of power in Iraqi government. Now it's run mostly by Shiite which is of the same sect as in Iran.

These rebels known as ISIS will be trying to draw out the Shiites of Iran into a battle.  How long before Iran will sit back and watch other Shiites in Iraq get murdered? Maybe a matter of time before they (Iran) reacts.  This could be being used to draw out Iran into an open conflict.

Another hot spot developing is in Venezuela. Venezuela has oil; not of the high grade that Iraq has. Ukraine obviously has been going on for about two months now.

I think issues such as these are important to know of. The situation with Viet Nam and China too. The US has been arming up Malaysia and Philippines and has been in talks with Hanoi also apparently based on the Chinese oil rig placed within Viet Nam's economic zone.

The latest I had heard is that the US will 'assist' Viet Nam but first, the US is telling Hanoi to make some social changes. Opportunists. So far Hanoi has declined on this particular issue. Viet Nam is in a predicament being placed between China and the U.S.

Keep an eye on the status of the U.S. dollar . . . .

Regarding the U.S. telling Viet Nam it will assist in the 'stand off' between Viet Nam & China IF social conditions are changed in Viet Nam, a similar situation is in Iraq.

The US has told al Maliki of Iraq that they will conduct air strikes if al Maliki first steps down. This of course is a 'social change' also. In other words, the US is saying to Viet Nam and Iraq; if you want out help, then do this and that first.

I lean towards the belief that ISIS and China have been given the nod / the go ahead, to carry out their actions. Even though the US has somewhat rebuffed China's oil rig placement in Vietnamese waters, it causes reactions that others will take the opportunity to try to force in 'changes'.

Meet other expats and join the events

OR