Why is that hard to get a work visa

These days I'm thinking to do a big move about my life, go to another country to work and live.
But during all these ideas, the visa become a biggest problem!
Feel so be trapped....!

Ason wrote:

These days I'm thinking to do a big move about my life, go to another country to work and live.
But during all these ideas, the visa become a biggest problem!
Feel so be trapped....!

Visas are always hard to get and take time. I speak from experience. Most countries make it this way so to prevent people from just using the visa as a convenient way to gain access to another country. People smuggling and illegal immigrants too make it difficult as all paperwork has to be checked out thoroughly.

Countries like to ensure their own people get work before any expat does. You must also have the required qualifications and years of experience before you will be considered for a visa.

Don't give up, keep trying.

Yes, I understand what you meant.
But I think the point is both of us think it's too trouble to go apply the work permit, and then for the visa...But not everyone need that, that's some kind of not fair!
A lot of times, I really hate my passport....!

Ason wrote:

But I think the point is both of us think it's too trouble to go apply the work permit, and then for the visa...But not everyone need that, that's some kind of not fair!

I have no real knowledge of China and its system except maybe some preconceived ideas that may well be wrong.
My question is, however, don't you need first to obtain permission from the Chinese authorities to even be able to apply to leave your country? That said, I note from your profile that you were previously in your country's army, even if only as a student.

yes ,i was. so I'm free

First of all decide which country you want to move and then first enter into that country after that try work visa from there...........this is generally practised in African nations , other part of the world i don't know............

Regards,
Anil

Ason wrote:

usually the work visa and residence permit are a bundled application so it's not exactly two separate things!

Maybe you should go into politics so you can establish work agreements between your country and other lands, like the EEA has done :)  As an American citizen I do somewhat understand your woes! People have historically thought it was so great to have an American passport but it's also difficult to get work visas on such a passport. However, if it's your lifelong dream, I believe you CAN make it happen. Get as much education as you can and see if you can find what fields are in demand in the country where you want to live so you can target that kind of job.

Thanks. But not that serious. And I definitely don't want waste my time to do that kind of "revolution"!
My dream is go travelling around the world. But these passport and visa things are really so trapped me...

Ason wrote:

Thanks. But not that serious. And I definitely don't want waste my time to do that kind of "revolution"!
My dream is go travelling around the world. But these passport and visa things are really so trapped me...

And if you don't do something positive to rectify your situation you will always be a dreamer. I think you have no serious intention to travel at all. If you do then get yourself organised and do just that. You stated that you do not want to waste your time then don't waste time posting variations of the same topic over and over again on this forum.

And if you don't do something positive to rectify your situation you will always be a dreamer. I think you have no serious intention to travel at all. If you do then get yourself organised and do just that. You stated that you do not want to waste your time then don't waste time posting variations of the same topic over and over again on this forum.

First, I didnt post something same again and again;
Second, I don't think you know the things about my country. And these kind of things, not just about my country, it's much bigger than it.
Third, I'm a dreamer, but also do action. The VISA things only made my steps slower, but can't stop me. Because of you're older than me, doesn't prove you knew more things than me.

Aw, cut her some slack. She looks pretty young based on the profile pic, and it remember feeling similarly trapped as an American college kid wanting to live in Europe. A decade later I'm living my dream, but it did take a few years of being frustrated to figure out how to make it happen.

ECS wrote:

Aw, cut her some slack. She looks pretty young based on the profile pic, and it remember feeling similarly trapped as an American college kid wanting to live in Europe. A decade later I'm living my dream, but it did take a few years of being frustrated to figure out how to make it happen.

It's something about foreign policy. Don't you think so?
Maybe another life of me, will see the change...
Have to risk assessment, rather than blindly.

Ason wrote:

Try to find out UN passport for travelling without any problem of visa arrangements .............. :D

aryavrat wrote:
Ason wrote:

Try to find out UN passport for travelling without any problem of visa arrangements .............. :D

Sounds like a good idea~any idea about where to get it? :cool:

UN general secratary is Chinese .......so try from china itself........means search a job in UN...........or try to search a job in which you have to keep travelling.......... :)

Ason wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
Ason wrote:

Sounds like a good idea~any idea about where to get it? :cool:

https://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=VOLhttps://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=IPhttps://careers.un.org/lbw/home.aspx?viewtype=NCE
here is a few info,about the UN
, anyways but if you dont take initiative and get it done ,no can help you .
its good to dream but its also important to follow your dreams . :top:

UN passport is hard to get. Not something that is given out just because you work for the UN. UN passports are very similar to diplomatic passports so this is why they are not just given out. You usually have a high ranking position in the UN which involves a lot of travel to countries where getting a visa is long and involved.

I have worked for UN and have some knowledge of this.

If you do not know how to get a UN passport, you are probably not qualified.  Having one still requires a visa to enter many countries.

The current secretary-general is Korean, not Chinese.

Meet expats all over the world

OR