Indian visa process

Hi all. 

I am a South African trying to work my way through the online visa application process for my Indian tourist visa.  It is proving to be a near impossible feat as the website doesn't load, save or work for most attempts.  Can anyone offer any advice or contacts of someone that may be able to assist.  The Indian embassy in Bahrain has outsourced the visa process, so I am unable to go directly to the embassy to arrange the visa.

I agree. The website is not at all user friendly and has many issues. I too faced so many issues when I needed a visa to visit India.

I had to type out the form about 6 times before I got it right. And after going to the outsourced visa office was turned back because they wanted an address in my home country rather than my permanent address in Bahrain! Had to type the form out yet again!

It was after this ordeal i found out that the staff at the visa processing centre will actually fill out the form for you in the system provided you take all the documents, photographs, etc. so instead of wasting time and your breath and patience on this badly designed website, just take everything to the visa office and let them fill out the form for you.

Good luck!

Ah great, thanks for your reply.  Do you know where the office is?

Do you know the Kuwaiti Building in Manama? Or the Andalus Garden?? Old Palace at Gudaibiya?

The visa Office is a few buildings next to the Kuwaiti Building. a 2 minute walk from the Andalus Garden. Its called "Octic International".

Parking is a nightmare. What I did was park at the Andalus Garden car park and walk to the visa office.

Better directions:

Say you are driving towards the American Mission Hospital (AMH) in Manama (from the World Trade Centre /British Embassy junction). As you pass AMH, turn left at the traffic lights. Drive straight down this road. You will pass traffic lights, and a petrol shed and the Kuwaiti Building (both on your right). The Octic International office is a few buildings passing the Kuwaiti Building.