Training - taking your wives?

Hi everyone

My husband is due to start training next month in Houston. I wanted to join him but unsure if there will be any other wives there? Don't want to be sat on my own for months while he is at work

Cheers

Hi WifeofanExpattobe,

Please note that your topic has been moved to Houston forum for more visibility and for more interaction with the members. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I am sure you can enjoy life in Houston no matter who else is there.  I enjoyed myself without interacting with anyone's wife, and I am sure you can too.

I had to hold my laugh in on this one. Sorry :D

There are likely millions of wives in Houston.

Haha now this post makes no sense. It was on the jubail forum but it was moved. My husband is going to Houston first for training so I wanted to know if people will be taking their wives to said training. Didn't want to be stuck in the hotel by myself ha

I wouldn't go to the training I would go explore Houston. There are lots of things to do there. My family and I had a lot of fun when we lived there for 6 months. Go to Houston's tourism website find the activities you want to do and then once you are at the hotel ask them to help arrange taxis to where you want to go.

Or better yet, avoid paying for overprices taxis and find a hotel with a shuttle or get instructions on public transit if you feel comfortable with it. Most hotels can provide information on public transit.

If you are in the suburbs you can expect to have to use a taxi or walk.

Maybe it would be a good idea if a Moderator could move this post back to the Jubail thread? There is no context for people in the Houston thread who will not understand what "training" means and it is likely that Wifeofanexpattobe will not get the kind of answer she is looking for. Whilst it involves Houston, it is related to people starting Sadara contracts shortly in Jubail, KSA.

I believe the question was aimed specifically at people who are in the Jubail forum, and as such would be best placed in there. I would be interested to see the responses on this question also.

Just my thoughts! :-)

Sarah

Requested thread be moved to Jubail forum.

Topic moved back to the Jubail forum.

Regards
Armand
Expat.com Team

WifeofanExpattobe wrote:

Hi everyone

My husband is due to start training next month in Houston. I wanted to join him but unsure if there will be any other wives there? Don't want to be sat on my own for months while he is at work

Cheers

Hi WifeofanExpattobe, my husband is going to Texas also for his OJT but I am staying behind until he gets out to Saudi after it.  I will obviously go to visit him there but didn't want to go to the training incase I was just moping about all the time and have stuff here I can get sorted before the big move!