New to Blog - interested in living in Honduras

Hello - I am new to this blog stuff - but thought it might be a great way to connect to American's living or wanting to live in Honduras.
My husband and I are preparing to "semi-retire" and Honduras is at the top of our list.
Any advice from someone who's done it?
Thanks!
Earlene

Welcome on Expat-blog Earlene! I have moved the thread on the Honduras forum. :)

Good luck
Christine

Hi Earlene,
My husband and I have lived on the Island of Roatan, Honduras since 2007. We are both originally from Ontario, Canada.

We are very pleased with our decision and now count among our friends people from around the world who also chose to call Roatan home.

I strongly suggest you first come to Roatan for at least a few weeks, and get a feel for it. Pick a place to stay that is less resort and more community. Don't be afraid to seek out fellow expats, they will gladly give you the inside-scoop on Roatan. I quite frequently meet with new people who want to know more about living here and once they are ready to make the move they  already have a community of friends. Passing the Torch

I spend the majority of my time on Roatan, sharing day to day life on Roatan, through my blog Roatan Vortex and as DJ Genevieve on my talk radio show The Roatan Vortex on Roatan Radio

Let me know when you are ready to come on down...you won't be disappointed.

Roatan Vortex

Living in the Bay Islands and the Mainland are very different. Almost like 2 different countries. Believable since the Islands were a part of th British Commonwealth, and the mainland was a Spanish colony, then heavily controlled by American fruit companies until the 1960s. I think you should check out La Gringa's Blogicito listed in the blogger's section and join the Yahoo Forum for people interested in living or moving to Honduras.