Prostitution

I was down in Honduras looking for a place to buy and I must have been in the wrong part of le ceiba cause the prostitues wouldn't leave me alone.  Maybe I looked like a rich American.

Hey Nelson
If you go to Honduras to buy ...(i don't know what you want to buy)  on Sunday morning then you will find only nice people and family members going to church and they don't care who you are but smile.

It's the thumb rule any where, even in Bangkok or Amsterdam.

I will find what I'm searching for.
I won't find what I not looking for.
Buena suerte amigo.

The true reason is that La Ceiba is going through a terrible economic recession and people are desperate for money!!

There is far less prostitution going on in La Ceiba now vs a few years back.

Is there any evidence of that? I really do not know as I return home early and truly have no idea!

Some of them are very pretty and are very tempting.  It's sad chicks that hot have to resort to that.

Just my observation as I drive around quite a bit day and at night

That sounds nice anyway because prostitutes usually stay out all night and they sleep during the day. Not to say that there are not nice people going to church on a Sunday morning, however what about Monday through Sunday nights? Remember also that prostitution is a cultural part of Honduras and port towns everywhere are known for having a great deal of prostitution!

Cultural part of Honduras!  Cool.

Put it all together! A depressed economy, a culture that has always accepted prostitution, and modern norms and values that lead to this behavior. I am not condoning it. I believe that prostitution is not good for society or the health of those involved.

Honduras could be the next Hawaii if they would clean it up and get foreign investment into the area.  They could turn Trujillo into a big resort town with big hotels like Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt.

Do not hold your breath! Honduras actually has come a long way, but yes it is filthy in many areas. (A culture that is not bothered by filth)!!Political strife and violence, (caused by punk thugs), does nothing  to increase investment. Capital is needed, but no one is going to invest, unless they are confident of getting a return on their investment. The Honduran mentality is not like a Hawaiins', where you have Asian influence, work ethic and organizational skills, (all sorely lacking in Honduras)!! Honduras is much more beautiful than Costa Rica, yet Costa Rica puts the Honduran tourist market to shame!!!

@Nelson84 HI Nelson I read your post. My Fiance cheated on with a Hondorus women, she looks like a prostitute.

Hello Lydiac010395,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank for your message but you have posted on a thread that was last active in 2018.

I invite you to participate in more active discussions on the Honduras forum.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed