Best area in Honduras

Hi! I'm originally from Honduras but most of my family lives in the u.s. I came here when I was 9years old and I'm currently 31yrsanyways, my grandpa has huge acre in el terrero. He has his cows and exports milk and cheese. But my question is that if I build a house out there. What is the best area in Honduras to build a vacation home with family so when my parents or I go we can stay and be safe .I know that roatan will  be perfect but I want more like a home close to my grandparents. I just need advice and see my options since I haven't been out there since I was nine years old and do not want to make the wrong decision. Thank you for your advice in advance. Hablo epañol también;)

I guess your family is from the mainland. Probably you should look at the coastal city closer to your grandaddy`s property like La Ceiba or East of La Ceiba in Balfate, Trujillo, etc.

Saludes

Hi,

I am a Canadian and have lived in Honduras 16 years. I have traveled extensively in the country and know it pretty well.  I have homes in Roatan and Valle de Angeles. These are the two safest and most beautiful parts of the country with many great things about each of them. That being said, once you are out of the 3 major cities most of the towns are pretty safe and the country is beautiful. Valle de Angeles would be my first recommendation for you if you want to be reasonably close to the family property. It is a little less than 2 hours away. Every weekend is a fiesta there with hundreds of people from Tegucigalpa coming into town. There is lots to see and to do so people love it. During the week it is very quiet. Most of the wealthy and powerful people in the country have homes here so that is one reason it is so safe. The next best choice would be Cedros. It is a little less than an hour from El Terrero and is very pretty as well. I have always felt very safe there. It would be a lot less expensive than Valle as there isn't much there in the way of entertainment or excitement but it is pretty. Hopefully this will give you some direction. Good luck!

Best of Life!

Edward

Your best bet will be Trujillo,  safe and feels like home. And it's on the mainland with beautiful beaches and reasonably prices

Copan Ruinas Is as safe as you will find anywhere. Beautiful town.