Possible move in Bahrain

Hello everybody ,
I am from Bulgaria and I'm new in the forum . In mid of November ,I will travel to Manama with my wife ,for  second interview with the owner of the company which is proposing me a job . With my  family ,we discuss a lot for possible moving in Bahrain . Ofcource our emotions are from one edge to the other .I have several questions if you can help me :
1.Since we have 2 kids (11y and 3,5y)we are wondering how much is the costs for schools .
2.Which part of Manama is good for living and how much are the costs for 2 or 3 bedroom apartment?
3.The company will provide accomodation, family insurance ,flights.Monthly salary will be around 2000 Bhr.How it's sounds to you?
4.Can you advice for some specific details I have to discuss for my contract. 
5. That will be our first time to live abroad . We are really worried about adoptation period .I read from the posts that Bahrain is nice and safe place to live ,people are polite and it is easy to have new friends .
Thank you to everybody who will encourage us...

Hi tromeros

What you can do is go through this Definitive Guide to Bahrain and i hope it will answer most of your questions. This guide was written by our helpful Animators to help the new comers. :)

In terms of schooling prices for your children, i think it depends on where you decide to put your kids and which school. Hopefully other parents can advise you on this.

On the monthly salary you specified, you have to take into account the other things you didn't mention like transportation costs. Here in Bahrain people drive around to a lot of places as public transport doesn't really here.

So i would strongly advise you to go through the above link, and with your salary, minus the mentioned costs then this will give you a rough figure of the living costs in Bahrain and what will be left from your salary.

Good luck and hope this helps.

:)

Hello tromeros

There were a few discussions recently on this topic. I post a few links below:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=209564https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=258706https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=280502https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=280502https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=300647

Responses to your questions:

1) There are schools at both ends of the cost spectrum. From the very cheap (BD25 per month) to the very expensive. Most of the schools in the mid-range are quite good.

2) Rent – ranges from about BD200 upwards for a decent 2 bedroom unfurnished flat. 3 bedroom unfurnished flats starts at about BD300. 2 bedroom furnished starts at about BD450 upwards. You could also think of living in a villa if you can afford the rent. Villa rentals start at about BD500 for smaller and older villas in certain areas to BD1,000 and even higher for bigger, newer villa in other areas.

Electricity and Water – average of BD 15 per month for a 2 bedroom flat to BD 80 to 100 for bigger flats and villas. Also in summer the bills are higher than in winter due to increased air conditioning use. Generally if you take a flat or villa on “all- inclusive” basis, the landlord will pay the electricity and water bill upto a specified limit.

Most areas in Bahrain are good. Names of some areas for your information - Juffair, Amwaj, Adliya, Mahooz, Saar, Budaiya, Busaiteen, Seef, Diplomatic Area. Each area has its own pros and cons. Final decision should be made after considering factors such as cost, budget, convenience, place of work, etc.

3) The salary is good to live comfortably here, when accommodation, medical and flights are provided by the employer. Always negotiate and try to get a little more if you can.

4) Contract should be in accordance with Bahrain Labour Law. Should clear state your entitlements and rights and duties - viz., salary, accommodation, medical, flights, family visa, visa and work permit charges, vacation, leaving indemnity payments.

5) Bahrain is indeed a nice place to live and work. :)

Not sure if I answered your question, but please do let us know if you need to clarify anything or need elaboration. Look forward to welcoming you here.

Dear friends from the forum ,
Thank you very much for your prompt replies.I'm starting to read topics you gave me.Feel free to give me more advices .I really count on you.

Hello again ,
As Farhaz says I should take care and for  leaving indemnity payments.What is normal level of this part ?

Leaving indemnity: half a month's wage for the first three of years of service and one month's wage for each year of service thereafter. The indemnity is payable pro-rata for incomplete years of service. Wage = total monthly remuneration, i.e., salary and allowances.

Is the Leaving indemnity is in accordance with Bahrain Labour Law ?
In case I stop the contract earlier shoul I pay some compensation ?

The employer pays indemnity. Not the employee.

Thank you for the answer .
But this is according to the law or these are extra  condition we agreed?

And one more question:are there school with German language?

Good luck

tromeros wrote:

Thank you for the answer .
But this is according to the law or these are extra  condition we agreed?

Yes this is based on Bahrain Labour Law. The formula given above is the minimum that has to be paid by the employer to employee as leaving indemnity. Anything extra can be agreed between the employer and employee.

tromeros wrote:

And one more question:are there school with German language?

Not sure about this. Will leave this for others to comment.

For better visibility of your question, why don't you start a new thread for this question?

Good luck.