How much does a haircut cost in Bahrain?

Hello all,

I've got another question about haircut prices in Bahrain. I am moving to Bahrain soon and I would like to know how much do men pay to have their hair cut in Bahrain at a barber. In the UK, I pay around £20 which is about 13BD I think so I just wanted to know how much it is in Bahrain.

Thanks a million!

Hi Brighton Guy,

I saw you posting on the British Expats, hope you got your questions answered.

I was in Bahrain in May for a few days. I like to mix in with the locals. In Riffa, I had a decent haircut, wet shave, hair massage (It was a normal massage in case you get some funny ideas), a face massage. All for 2.5 BD which is around £4.25.

This was at a normal saloon with good hygiene.

If you wanted some thing posh I think £20 would get you a posh experience.

I would rather get a shave and well groomed every other day if not daily at a local saloon.

Cheers

Well it depends on what you're really after. I guess the hair cutting places with the full works and pampering, wash, blow dry and cut (i'm talking about a haircut here, incase your thinking of other things!! :lol: ) These places will be abit more on the price side of things. Although i'm not familiar with the places or prices, i'm hoping someone here who has had this experience and paid the price (i'm still talking about the haircut by the way :lol: ), may be they can guide you!   :P:D OR :D

If you just want a standard haircut, nothing special, i.e. no washing of the hair, or any of that sort, a few places in the local areas, i.e. Manama souk or probaly other local places, have  these small barber shops and they charge about 1.5/2BHD. All you get is a slap of the towel around your neck after they finish.. :lol: thats your lot!!

Although what mkd008 mentioned ;

I was in Bahrain in May for a few days. I like to mix in with the locals. In Riffa, I had a decent haircut, wet shave, hair massage (It was a normal massage in case you get some funny ideas), a face massage. All for 2.5 BD which is around £4.25.

This seems a good deal for the price..  :D

J :cool:

In a normal standard Saloon with good hygiene you may have to pay between 2.5-5.00 BD, if you go for a higher standard Saloon; you may have to pay more than that and might be equivalent to what you pay in UK.

jazzy851 wrote:

If you just want a standard haircut, nothing special, i.e. no washing of the hair, or any of that sort, a few places in the local areas, i.e. Manama souk or probaly other local places, have  these small barber shops and they charge about 1.5/2BHD. All you get is a slap of the towel around your neck after they finish.. :lol: thats your lot!!

ROFLMAO :lol::cheers::one

jazzy851 wrote:

... pampering, wash, blow dry and cut (i'm talking about a haircut here, in case your thinking of other things!! :lol: )

OK now I'm wondering what other things I could think about when I read these words   ô_Ô

:whistle:

Olivier my friend i'm sure what ever you're thinking, it may be off topic or not allowed on the forum ;):lol::lol:

So brightonguy, you still wanna get your hair cut ? :lol:

less-than 13 BD :D .
Starting from 1 BD to 50++

brightonguy wrote:

Hello all,

I've got another question about haircut prices in Bahrain. I am moving to Bahrain soon and I would like to know how much do men pay to have their hair cut in Bahrain at a barber. In the UK, I pay around £20 which is about 13BD I think so I just wanted to know how much it is in Bahrain.

Thanks a million!

It's 3 BD

Thanks for your response Streethawk - but this is a very old post. Brightonguy moved out of Bahrain a couple of years back.  I am sure your post will be useful for others who have the same question.  :top:

By the way - Welcome to the Forum. Please do participate in our discussions. Best regards.

Thanks for your response Streethawk - but this is a very old post. Brightonguy moved out of Bahrain a couple of years back.  I am sure your post will be useful for others who have the same question.  :top:

By the way - Welcome to the Forum. Please do participate in our discussions. Best regards.

Brighton guy left ?  :(  i hope he had a good leaving doo  :top:
A helpful dude on the forum.

Oh and about the haircut, if you wonder to the souk, its less than 3 BHD but you dont get the bells and whistles with your haircut..  :D

jazzy851 wrote:

Brighton guy left ?  :(  i hope he had a good leaving doo  :top:
A helpful dude on the forum.

Oh and about the haircut, if you wonder to the souk, its less than 3 BHD but you dont get the bells and whistles with your haircut..  :D

Yes he did move - and, by the time he did, he did not need a haircut  :lol:

Great guy and very helpful in forum. 

You are right about the cost of haircuts in the souq and in the various towns.  Local saloons are very reasonable.

Yes he did move - and, by the time he did, he did not need a haircut  :lol:

Ok - so theres a chance Brighton guy may return for a haircut then ?  :P  and if he does and it costs less than 3 BHD, hopefully he will post it on here, where he got it done  ;)

the souk does offer alot of things, not just haircuts but other items and if you look, you can get them real cheap  :)

best of luck , and wish you all the best , and sorry for the reply that idid after years i was using my phone and i did quick .

best of luck , and wish you all the best , and sorry for the reply that idid after years i was using my phone and i did quick .

Good luck with your haircut too.. wherever you get it done  :D

I had one it was sucks , guys where u recommend good place to do haircut ?

Where you go, the souk ?  :D

Streethawk wrote:

I visit a local saloon close to where I live. Cheap and good :D

cheaper than 3bhd ?  :D
if so post it and maybe others could use it  ;)

I pay 1.5BD for my haircut at a local saloon in Juffair.

I pay 1.5BD for my haircut at a local saloon in Juffair.

Ok we seem to have a cheap fare here.. any other offers lower than 1.5 ?  :D

Farhaz you due a haircut soon ? wanna try and beat logicalIndian' price of 1.5 bhd?

So at present logicalIndian will hold the record unless someone can beat it  :one

Please note do it yourself (free) haircut does not count   :P;)