In which colour would you like to see the expat-blog website?

Hi everybody,

Eight months after its creation, we are currently thinking about improving the design of your favorite website :D

Before everything, we're thinking about the website colours ...Do you like the current ones? We selected the green color because it reminds nature, adventure ...

Do you think the colours we've firstly chosen are adapted to the website subject?

Do not hesitate to send us samples/examples of the colours you like!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and comments,

Julien

I changed the desplay (display?) of the forum on Wally (my PC). It's the... Uranium I think? A green-green? Can't remember the name.

For the website, maybe stronger/darker colours could do the trick?
May... be... :)

Hi
I agree with you
I think the colour warmer...
A lot of people who are colour blind, can miss details (like me)
Colour like red, dark blue, orange, brown should be interesting.

Dark blue and orange, that sounds great!!! I also like the current pale blue and orange.

Green is fine on trees but... now that I think about it, I realise pink and green are the only colours I don't like. I have clothes of all colours (even pink) except green. But if you want the forum green it's fine by me. I'll have anti-vomitting pills :D

Every now and then - when I don't have a lot of paid work - I am working on my 'I make websites' website.
A while ago I thought about a way of showing possibilities of different styles to my potential customers and I came up with a style switch thingy.

Visitors can choose their favorite color style and text size.
Only if you promise not to complain about links that are working (because I'm still writing all kind of stuff) or about mistakes etc. you can have a sneak preview here:
Click!

Most likely I will change a lot before the site goes 'life', but this will give an idea of the different color possibilities. you can even vote for your favorite color theme. :)

Every now and then - when I don't have a lot of paid work - I am working on my 'I make websites' website.

I should definitely do that too Gary, as I am looking for a new job ... maybe I should create my own activity?

Visitors can choose their favorite color style and text size.

Good ideas Gary :)

Julien wrote:

I should definitely do that too Gary, as I am looking for a new job ... maybe I should create my own activity?

Are you asking me? :D Yes you should do that! I quit my last corporate job in 1988 and I never regretted it.

I'm making that site only because business relations, friends and family expect me to have my own site. I don't need it to get clients :)

Oh and I think I will modify a free php styleswicher to choose between the different colors and text sizes. I might even include different fonts.

I totally agree with Gary, about having hisd own job (same for me since march 2000) :)
But Julien, be aware that, in France, there is a lot of taxes and things like that, and you need to pay around 50% of your income...

And I think a style switcher is a great idea - but we need at least another design to switch !
Maybe the other one can be assorted with the forum's blue skin ?

Can't we already switch the style? In profile, display, you can choose one of many skins. I think Julien implemented this quite awhile back, if I recall correctly!

dmscvan > yep, but this style switching only works for the forum, not for the website ;)
And we were talking about a style switching... for the whole website.

manu - of course! I never thought of that. I guess it's because I spend most of my time here in the forums, and just browse through the directory every so often.

Now that I understand, I agree. I think a change would spiff things up a bit. I don't mind green so much, but maybe a darker green would be better. Anyways, I think the skins idea is great, but I also think that the default skin should be a bit sleeker - to give first time visitors a better quick impression. I like some of the colour suggestions above...

Meet expats all over the world

OR