Budget to live in Saint Petersburg?

Hi,

I'm planning to spend some time in Saint Petersburg (around 2 months) and I'd like to know how expensive life is there for an expatriate.

I travel alone and work from home, so my most important requirement is a fast internet connection and a comfortable work desk. I don't need to live in a business district or in the center of the city -I don't need to go anywhere to work-. A nice and simple studio will do.

Do you know an approximate budget for this? Of course, I'm not asking for a concrete figure, but something like "aprox 1000€, 3000€, less than 500€, more than 3000€ etc".

Any comments would be really appreciated.

Juan

Hello, Juan!

I consider that an apartment you described will cost you about  $550- $670 per month + commission fee to the agency (about 90% of a month cost). So approximately everything will cost $1650-2000 (2 months of rent+commission to the agency with discount - usually they take 100% of a month rent cost).

My fiancee and I have a small agency and help people coming from other Russian towns to find a flat here. And the costs for them are exactly the same.

Don't hesitate to ask.

Katerina.

hello,Katerina
i am student preparing my doctorate actually and i want visit Saint petersburg soon, can i know further information about this nice town pleas.
yours sinserly.

In St. Pet. a nice studio close to the metro station on the outskirts of the city will cost around 20 000 rub (around 600-700 $). I would recommend to get a flat close to metro because that's the best way to get around the city - taxi is pretty expensive + terrible traffic jams.

Hello,
I urgent need answer.

I got a job offer for Petersburg. I should get sallary 1200 euro per month plus lunch in the office.

Is it possible to live in Piter with 1200 euro when I pay for flat? Can I save some money for holiday or other pleasure or I will live very modest?

Thanks!

juan.bangkok wrote:

Hi,

I'm planning to spend some time in Saint Petersburg (around 2 months) and I'd like to know how expensive life is there for an expatriate.

I travel alone and work from home, so my most important requirement is a fast internet connection and a comfortable work desk. I don't need to live in a business district or in the center of the city -I don't need to go anywhere to work-. A nice and simple studio will do.

Do you know an approximate budget for this? Of course, I'm not asking for a concrete figure, but something like "aprox 1000€, 3000€, less than 500€, more than 3000€ etc".

Any comments would be really appreciated.

Juan

a nice studio or 1 room flat will go 15,000-35,000 rubles a month
food is not expensive >15,000/month with business lunch v cheap and tasty.
transport 2 dollar/day for metro

i lived in Saint-p for 2 years
about life
prises for flats rent is : far from center from 15.000 rub per month
                           center of centers (near with Spas na Krovi) is 26.000 per months

about underground metro : 1 ticket is 20 rub

you can make not officiall registration for  6 month- is 900 rub
you need it bec polic can ask this in every place

plus it s better to have a copy of your passport always in your bag

weather : always rain and you need good clothes and umbrella))))

people are very kind, if you got lost, ask any one, they can help

take care in the street bec  alot of bad people who want to still money or mobile