Racism in St. Petersburg ?

I'm of Caribbean descent and am interested in teaching English in St. Petersburg, I've previously taught in South Korea.  However, while doing research about Russia in general, I've read quite a few stories about African students being violently attacked in broad daylight.  I don't know if these attacks are isolated incidents or a common occurrence, totally appalling either way.:/

So, please tell me if you are a person of colour, what has your experience been like in St. Petersberg?  Have you experience racism? Are you concerned for your safety in St. Petersburg or in Russia in general? 

I heard a lot of stories about racism in Korea, but it was after asking questions to people who actually lived there that I was able to make decision to move there.

Thank you in advance for your responses, they are truly appreciated.

Kind Regards to All!

hello steph..noone is safe anywhere in the world..except in heaven may be) as for saint petersburg..its a place i highly recommend to anyone wishing to live in or visit. once you come here the beauty of the place and the smiles from peoples face will give you a rethink. hope to see you soon)