Moving to St Petersburg, taxis, etc.

Hi,
  I'm Mark,  relocating to St Petersburg in 2 weeks for 2+ years at least.   

Company are finding me an apartment near their offices,  and I will be living in a hotel apartment 
  for a  few weeks initially while I relocate, ship stuff over and furnish an apartment,   

I dont  (yet!)  speak any Russian,  so..  if anyone has a number for a reputable taxi company who
  understand English,  that would be greatly appreciated -  I shall probably need them considerably.

Also,  anyone know how to find a good English speaking Russian tutor as I intend to take lessons at
  weekends if possible,  and how much I should expect to pay for this ?

Thanks!  -  I will probably be here with more questions before I fly out.
  Looking forward to the move !

Hello Mark,
Thus is Victoria. Welcome to St. Pet. I assume you are already here. I can offer English-Russian lessons, on weekends, no problem. Looking at your Software ... profile name I assume you are in a tech industry. I come from that environment myself, so, of course can offer business and interpersonal lessons. Regarding an apartment, did your company found one already? And which part of the city? I do have an excellent place, on a great location.
And of course, a few words about myself, Russian-American. Considering myself more American than Russian since I lived longer in USA than in Russia by now. 😊 Can definitely suggest something about culture, some ways to avoid cultural potholes, if it's possible 😉. In any case, looking forward to hear from you but understand if you are swamped and might not be already interested.
Take care,
Victoria

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes - I already moved here - been here a month now.   

Thank you,  but  I have already found a russian tutor,  and am currently having three lessons a week   (  both speech (phonetics) and grammar ) -  although I might reduce this  number later.

I also found a nice apartment in a good location -  fortunately I had a lot of help with papaerwork and agents from our HR !

The  taxi thing I'm still not too sure about - I'll probably end up using Uber  ( but I hear a lot of bad things about them here..  whether that is true or not I dont know ).

Cheers.

I am glad everything worked out well! Good luck with taxi, Uber is ok but unfortunately, sometimes they don't read an exact address and wait for you near...which is a pain to find them, especially if you can't speak Russian. But it's cheap compare to USA and France!