Please give me your valuable time & suggestions.

Hello Sir,

I am from India. I have received a Job offer for Sales & Marketing Manager in Tanzania for Dar es Salaam. Company name is Quality groups Ltd (MD- Mr. Yusuf Manji).

The HR manager has taken my interview in India & he has selected me for the post of Manger Sales & Marketing. They are offering me USD $ 15,172 per year saving plus other benefits like accommodation allowance ($600/month), car allowance ($200/month), food allowance ($75/month) & medical insurance.

Sir I need your help to take my decision to join in following things.

1) Please tell me how is the company & their culture?
2) How about the salary offered to me by them, can I manage with this salary in Tanzania?
3) Safety in Tanzania?
4) They are asking me to come on business visa & then they will take 2 year work permit visa.
5) They will keep my passport with them.

Please give me your valuable time & suggestions. If possible please provide me your contact no. so that I can talk to you if required.

come work

don't work.

sweetgaurav

Is the salary after tax or before tax.
Tanzania is relatively safe.
When I worked there I came in on business visa then got work permit
They cannot legally keep your passport. The passport is not your property but belongs to the Indian Government. Their idea for keeping the passport is so that they have a hold on you and if you are unhappy you cannot leave the country without the passport.
They can have the passport as part of the work permit process but have to return it to you.

Dear I am also from India, If you want to come here. its good, Tanzania is a land of Opportunity. But if you are satisfied with you job in India and getting good salary, then don't come. And in below salary, if you will single then only you can survive here. if you was married then nothing you can save.  Aashish

I think you can take a chance but keeping the passport with them is surely something not pleasing on company's conduct part. So think on this and rest seems to be normal.